PDA

View Full Version : Crappy day rant thread.

bigjim350
08-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Well I was on my yay to work today, which already sucked cause its sunday. Well I decided to drive "big red". The 97 Chevy 3/4 ton I just bought. Well about 50 miles from home the truck starts riding very rough, then boom. My front left tire blows out while im going 70mph. Well I limp it through the ghetto and find a walmart to park at. Look all through the truck, find jack lug wrench and NO spare :(. I also happen to be at the only walmart with no tire shop, course i had no money either. So after making tons of calls I get my wife to bring me a spare cause her brother has a 1 ton dodge. An hour later she shows up with a spare with a brand new tire on it. However it is a 35" tire and there is no way it will fit on the front of my 2wd truck. So we decide to load up my blown tire and look for a tire shop. It is then that I notice that the radiotor in her 01 cherokee is blown and has leaked out all the water.. shit shit. So I put the tire BACK on and limp the truck to a small tire shop and buy the shittest tire he had for 35 installed. Ran my wife back to work 50 miles away. Well then my GREAT buddy matt drives me back down to houston to pick up my jeep using his trailer. Sorry for the long rant. But it is SO nice having GREAT freinds you can depend on like Matt. Once again thanks so much Matt.

cantab27
08-14-2011, 09:18 PM
ha ha trailer queen... some days are just not worth getting up for.... bummer dude

bigjim350
08-14-2011, 09:20 PM
I do feel bad now. with my wifes jeep on matts trailer, he cant take his anywhere, And let me be clear this was my wifes siver jeep that broke down NOT my GREEN one.

Mudderoy
08-14-2011, 11:40 PM
I do feel bad now. with my wifes jeep on matts trailer, he cant take his anywhere, And let me be clear this was my wifes siver jeep that broke down NOT my GREEN one.

:wow: now that took some balls to rag on a guy that just helped you out. :smiley-laughing021:

msmoorenburg
08-15-2011, 06:34 AM
:wow: now that took some balls to rag on a guy that just helped you out. :smiley-laughing021:

aww I can take it. I have a few more come backs waiting but, I can't kick a man when he is down. shoot he's stuck driving a red truck to work

XJ4IV
08-15-2011, 07:28 PM
BURN!!!!
I dont have much to add to this thread I really enjoy my new job however I AM finding that locating parts for OLD Willy's is EXTREMELY difficult... oh and the other hard thing is getting a VER innaccurate description from a customer as to what they were doing when it happened to help diagnose the problem....
" well I was just driving it to work the other day and for whatever reason the front differential exploded..."

xj4life2
08-15-2011, 07:42 PM
BURN!!!!
I dont have much to add to this thread I really enjoy my new job however I AM finding that locating parts for OLD Willy's is EXTREMELY difficult... oh and the other hard thing is getting a VER innaccurate description from a customer as to what they were doing when it happened to help diagnose the problem....
" well I was just driving it to work the other day and for whatever reason the front differential exploded..."

Feel free to give me a call on those hard to find Willy parts, I have about 30yrs of experiance in finding them.Most of them I have here. As for cust discriptions...... get used to it it only gets worse , oh and just wait the ever since you worked on my car the radio don't work is comming lol lol