PDA

View Full Version : What oddities do you have?

Jamie Lynn
08-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Ok..so I know I have O.C.D..this isn't anything new..but I do have a few oddities that I must do every day..thought I would see who else has some strange behavior other then myself.

When I get out of the shower and get dried off, I take my towel and wipe dry the entire shower then spray it down with cleaner..I brush my teeth at least 3 times a day for 6 minutes..gargle with mouthwash for at least a minute 5 times a day..I can't reuse the same towel in the same week..my clothes HAVE to be folded a certain way..my cup has to be rinsed and washed after every use and i must have chapstick on..so what are your oddities?

bigjim350
08-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Im too awesome :D

cantab27
08-10-2011, 01:16 PM
just the mother inlaw

4.3LXJ
08-10-2011, 01:18 PM
I have Obsessive Compulsive Jeep Disorder, that says it all :D

Mudderoy
08-10-2011, 01:21 PM
I won't eat chicken with bones. Boneless breast is great. I can eat it I just don't care to. I don't like crunching on cartilage or grizzle.

Many years ago I thought of the perfect chicken, it would be genetically crossed with a jelly fish. :out:

Indiana Jeep
08-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Umm I like to burn things. Does that count?

Weldmen
08-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Tp must be forward rolling on dispenser :bogroll:. I only eat with one fork in the drawer. Short pronged. I also must fold my clothes right after the dryer stops, other wise I dry them again.

prerunner1982
08-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Tp must be forward rolling on dispenser :bogroll:. I only eat with one fork in the drawer. Short pronged. I also must fold my clothes right after the dryer stops, other wise I dry them again.

I am the same on the TP.. I have to eat with the bigger forks (long pronged) and spoons in the drawer. Not necessarily the same one, just the larger size.

Paddletrucker
08-10-2011, 06:06 PM
When I sleep, I'm all crazy about how the covers are. They MUST be hanging evenly off of each side of the bed, and the top and bottom must be perfectly square and even with the edges of the bed. The pillows must also be perfectly aligned with everything.:out::out::out::out:

I cannot go anywhere without something to drink. I can leave the house without my cell phone, but CANNOT leave without a bottle of water or some other beverage.

steph74
08-11-2011, 09:40 AM
I used to have all kind of "I want it to be this way...." but then I got married with 3 kids.... and it all went down the drain...
but I still try to stick to table manners.... I can;t do people slurping food or chewing with the mouth open, leaning on their plate and even if I am getting better with this one since I live in the US, people eating with their left hand on the laps... just drives me crazy at restaurants.... Highly rude in France to not have both hands above the table... here apparently it is accepted but even after 8 years it still drives me nuts...

Mudderoy
08-11-2011, 09:45 AM
I used to have all kind of "I want it to be this way...." but then I got married with 3 kids.... and it all went down the drain...
but I still try to stick to table manners.... I can;t do people slurping food or chewing with the mouth open, leaning on their plate and even if I am getting better with this one since I live in the US, people eating with their left hand on the laps... just drives me crazy at restaurants.... Highly rude in France to not have both hands above the table... here apparently it is accepted but even after 8 years it still drives me nuts...

I don't like the chewing with the mouth open either. We keep one hand below the table so our hand is close to our pistol.

I'll have to pay attention next time to see if I have both arms on the table or not.

prerunner1982
08-11-2011, 09:47 AM
, people eating with their left hand on the laps...

nope not me... but mostly because it takes two hands to shovel the food fast enough. :watermelon:

4.3LXJ
08-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Culture is interesting isn't it Steph. I will remember that if I ever go to France.

steph74
08-11-2011, 10:10 AM
yes it is interesting.... I try to hold to some of the cultural differences that I have in my family (wife and kids are American) but they slowly disappear and I am slowly embracing the culture... except for some stuff like table manners that have been anchored the hard way by my parents...

4.3LXJ
08-11-2011, 10:13 AM
That is always the way. We are such a melting pot we end up being totally unique in the world.

jccatt
08-11-2011, 04:50 PM
I have to have a beer on friday. Does that count.

Jamie Lynn
08-11-2011, 10:23 PM

I too have an issue with table manners..if someone is chewing their food like an animal, that's it for me...I'm grossed out and done...will excuse myself and go vomit...just like if I hear anyone clearing their throats from mucous or trying to hack it up like its a hair ball...that's it, I gag and vomit...I would rather see a guy do a snot rocket then clear his throat and hork out a loogie...so disgusting..but yet, I can handle vomit?....anyone else see something wrong here with that?

ice_cold
08-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Have a issue with people that stab their food with the fork and grip it then saw through their meat, then put the knife down, swap hands and pick up the food....was brought up, fork in left, knife in right, hands above table, NO elbows on the table....or wearing HATS at the table..hate that...have been know to leave places cause it bothers me.
Then there is the bastardization/text talk spelling....the future is unable to grasp simple grammar.

saar
08-12-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm rebuilding an Alfa :-)
Does it count? my wife claims it is :-)

Jamie Lynn
08-12-2011, 09:34 PM

I have to say I agree with your wife on that one. Lol

BigBear
08-14-2011, 01:51 AM
Ok..so I know I have O.C.D..this isn't anything new..but I do have a few oddities that I must do every day..thought I would see who else has some strange behavior other then myself.

When I get out of the shower and get dried off, I take my towel and wipe dry the entire shower then spray it down with cleaner..I brush my teeth at least 3 times a day for 6 minutes..gargle with mouthwash for at least a minute 5 times a day..I can't reuse the same towel in the same week..my clothes HAVE to be folded a certain way..my cup has to be rinsed and washed after every use and i must have chapstick on..so what are your oddities?

I find myself sitting in my Jeep thinking of what I can do to it.
Even though I have plenty of work to do on it, I just want to do more.

4.3LXJ
08-14-2011, 09:12 AM

That is what I do when driving it. That gives you a better perspective.:D

Jamie Lynn
08-15-2011, 02:31 AM

I find myself doing that also..not as much as I use to though.

Indiana Jeep
08-15-2011, 04:22 PM

I think that's just part of the "Jeep Thing" we all have.

jccatt
08-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Its called O.J.D obsesive jeep disorder, commanly know as, its a jeep thing.

OrangeXJ
08-16-2011, 04:44 AM
Its called O.J.D obsesive jeep disorder, commanly know as, its a jeep thing.

Me too I have 3 of them

InfernoGirl
08-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Me too I have 3 of them

Me too.... :bang:

Mudderoy
08-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Hello my name is Mud and I run a Jeep Cherokee site.

Firemanray
08-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Hello my name is Mud and I run a Jeep Cherokee site.
Your screwed!:D

Firemanray
08-22-2011, 11:18 PM
My tools had better be exactly in their place, my clothes i.e. socks and underwear etc, can just be near the drawer I don't care,.....but my tools better be in their place.

cantab27
08-22-2011, 11:44 PM
i have none,,,,i have a green jeep....living the dream really

4.3LXJ
08-22-2011, 11:46 PM
i have none,,,,i have a green jeep....living the dream really

Let's see, wet Jeep equals wet ....:D

msmoorenburg
08-23-2011, 08:12 AM

I have a Sunbeam Alpine so i know the feeling :rolleye0012:

saar
08-24-2011, 02:17 AM

:D
Nice car

cpttuna
09-29-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't go anywhere without my army P-38.

LizardRunner
09-29-2011, 10:01 PM
I have been accused of being highly detail oriented, everyone tells me I'm to much of a perfectionist. I thiink of it as being meticulous. I prefer people that use proper english. It irritates me when people use the wrong words when trying to describe things. It also irritates me when some idiot calls themselves or identifies them selves as a realtor and doesn't know the lingo or how to use it properly. I also think about all the things I want to do to my xj but that is a virtue in my book. oh yea I carry an army P-38 on my key chain along with a handcuff key, the fob is a main sail shackle.

Jamie Lynn
09-30-2011, 07:25 AM
I have been accused of being highly detail oriented, everyone tells me I'm to much of a perfectionist. I thiink of it as being meticulous. I prefer people that use proper english. It irritates me when people use the wrong words when trying to describe things. It also irritates me when some idiot calls themselves or identifies them selves as a realtor and doesn't know the lingo or how to use it properly. I also think about all the things I want to do to my xj but that is a virtue in my book. oh yea I carry an army P-38 on my key chain along with a handcuff key, the fob is a main sail shackle.

So you are anal retentive?...slight bit of O.C.D.?

prerunner1982
09-30-2011, 01:50 PM

Not sure if I have shown this to you before or not...

Not your average 1966 Sunbeam Minx; http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=332026

DETOURS
09-30-2011, 06:32 PM

Hey.........I've been called anal retentive.......by an architect, so it was actually a positive considering the source!

My strangest oddity that I can think of right now, is the clay mold of my jaw & teeth I talked my dentist out of.....

BlueXJ
09-30-2011, 07:34 PM
I always have several things on me when dressed, a pen, a knife (or two or three) and a cigar. I usually have a Zippo and a butane disposable lighter. If I am going out of my home I have a pistol and a spare magazine too. Am I an OCD personality? idk

Converted96XJ
10-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Read through some of these and see some things I do.

Some things I have to do.

Every day, including sunday I open the mailbox to check for mail, even if I already got it earlier that day, or as sunday goes there is no mail. I at least do it once a day.

I have to eat with a bigger fork, and smaller spoon.

I have to have a certain amount of ice in my fountain drinks.

I have to sit in a certain spot on the couch or I am irritated... lol.

Just some things that are weird for me.

Mudderoy
10-03-2011, 01:43 AM
I must say this is a very interesting idea for a post. Hmmm I hope I'm not repeating myself, or worse forgot I started the thread! :D

Even though what is interesting are the replies everyone is making.

The FORK thing. I bet my wife would say I have a fork issue. I don't like eating with a smaller fork, we have two sizes. She'll roll her eyes when I get up to get the larger sized fork. I just like it the way I like it. lol

LizardRunner
10-03-2011, 08:36 AM

I've been told that my mannerisms are congruent with being a non-cusp Virgo. I've also been told it is a function of being a member of MENSA. :smiley-laughing021: Being a CFMartin Master Repairman,and a builder of guitars, and wooden flutes, if you aren't meticulous, well then you aren't a master craftsman.

pvt.tadpolxj
10-09-2011, 01:58 PM
I am one of those people that has a high I.Q....But not enough common sense!:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::crazy:

jccatt
10-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I need tapatalk to read the forum on the train commute. Realised this when it was down. Lol