PDA

View Full Version : Truck Nuts gets busted

4.3LXJ
08-05-2011, 11:01 AM
If you live in North Carolina, beware of displaying your nuts on your truck. Here is the article

http://a57.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/U.S./396/223/blurredcar.gif

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/02/hanging-truck-nuts-grows-into-free-speech-debate/?test=faces

prerunner1982
08-05-2011, 12:33 PM
How else are those guys supposed to show their masculinity?

4.3LXJ
08-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Yeah, but the one cited was a 60 year old woman. Must have been very red neck. :D

prerunner1982
08-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Or.. :gay:

:confused::rolleyes:

XJ4IV
08-05-2011, 11:52 PM
this ought to be interesting... VERY interesting debate! personally I dont like em but illegal is pushing it... they arent even depicted as a "human" body part

4.3LXJ
08-06-2011, 09:54 AM
It ends up a freedom of speech issue. There has been lots of debate on what constitutes an obscene bumper sticker, which has never passed the first amendment issues in the supreme court. It is a local flexing his bureaucratic muscles.

DETOURS
08-07-2011, 08:16 AM
I hate truck nutz, I sawed a set of a friends Jeep one day and threw them in the woods.....

4.3LXJ
08-07-2011, 09:19 AM
I hate truck nutz, I sawed a set of a friends Jeep one day and threw them in the woods.....

I don't like them either for a number of reasons, but I find some humor in seeing an older woman busted for having them. Plus there are some freedom of speech issues and so forth here:sign0181:

Indiana Jeep
08-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Personally I think they look stupid, but how many people think trimming fenders. Larger tires, removing doors look stupid? I think the statement is right in the fact it was just a cop who gets on a power trip.

XJ4IV
08-07-2011, 12:42 PM
yup bottom line it was a cop misinterpreting the law and excersizing what he THINKS is government right to enforce. its odd when a business misinterprets something and tells a customer something that ISNT accurate we are held responsible to make it happen that way, for instance once I had a cell phone that crapped out on me within my waranty period TWICE so the second time I called and complained about it the guy I talked to stated I would be entitled to a different phone altogether and that I could go into a local store to pick up a replacement, well when I arrived to the local store the lady at the counter said that is absolutely NOT standard procedure however she verified that I called customer support and that the guy said I could... guess what I got, a new phone right then and there!
all that being said the government should be held responsible cause NOW this lady has spent time in court and had a fine assesed and when it comes down to her being RIGHT the govt will basically say "oops, our bad" and thats the end of it!

Mudderoy
08-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I think I've said it before. Being a parent I don't like seeing/hearing vulgar "free speech". I don't mind when people are clever and do something that adults may understand and children do not. Like taking two very large nuts and hanging them from a chain. I get it. I think it's funny, and I give them kudos for using their noggin.

http://www.collinsamerica.com/page14/files/nuts_maroon_truck_800B.jpg

Indiana Jeep
08-07-2011, 03:24 PM
I agree with that too Mudderoy. I'm not a parent but I get so tired of people stating "free speach" but not wanting to take responsibility for it. Some things don't need to be shown in public where kids can be inlunced