PDA

View Full Version : Black Interior

XJ Rat
07-31-2011, 08:35 AM
Daughter has a maroon interior in her XJ. Yesterday she gutted the interior, she wants it black.

Any advise, opinion, links?

4.3LXJ
07-31-2011, 08:46 AM
Can't help you with the carpets, but the vinyl surfaces can be "painted" black. An upholstery shop can give you the stuff to color the vinyl dash and seats, unless they are cloth. If they are leather they can be recolored too.

XJ4IV
07-31-2011, 09:28 AM
LOTS of spray paint LOL but I WOULD reccomend NOT black... I did that with my first car and the A/C went out on it and let me tell you it was a HOT SUMBUT but if blacks the route she wants to go thats her call the easiest way is to BUY new carpet from JC whitney, the seats find a donor vehicle, the seats are very easy but also remember shes replacing or at least removing for paint EVERY single item inside all the way down to the seatbelts and thats a butt ton of work WAY more than a metric ton... I wish I knew you were wanting to swap I let all my tan interior go to junk back in november

bluedragon436
07-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Yeah I have been looking for a black interior 97+ in the JY for a little bit now.. as I am wanting to have the darker interior instead of the gray I have now.. And I have been thinking of having the seats reupholstered and painting the trim and such.. and then was going to bedline the floor instead of carpet anyways..

XJ4IV
08-03-2011, 02:07 AM
Ive never seen an XJ late model with black interior... seen dark gray and light gray but never black...

XJ Rat
08-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Ive never seen an XJ late model with black interior... seen dark gray and light gray but never black...

Scott, not mine. My daughter has an 89 with a maroon interior...soon to be black interior.