PDA

View Full Version : Lesson learned

Adrenalinejunky
07-28-2011, 09:25 PM
I would like to vent some frustrations with 4WheelingPlus.com. First I would like to say they have great prices. That is where the positives end in my experience. I spent almost $2,000 with these folks and can not even get a phone call or email returned. I ordered a complete rough country long arm suspension kit with steering stabilizer, SYE, and drive shaft. I paid immediately and they of course took the cash from my bank immediately. That is where the speedy service ended. After leaving a couple messages (by phone and email) I finally got ahold of a person at the shop. It had been nearly two weeks since the money was taken out of my account and I asked what the problem was and why I had not received any of my parts. I was told, "oh, its on back order". Here is a lesson in customer service my friends -Tell your customers when you are going to hang on to their money and not send them their products. I asked is everything on back order? "No not everything, the SYE and sterring stabilizer is in stock". So I asked them to send me that so I could atleast get started on something. He committed to sending it that day priority mail and said it would be there by Monday. Well, he did not send them. It was a week or so later I received everything together. I have to admit I was pretty disappointed for them to flat out lie to me and once again not contact me to tell me that I was not going to get my stuff when expected. I have a concern about one of the products that is now on my XJ so I used their cutomer service email on their website that says they will get back to you within two days and I have not heard back. After multipe attempts at calling (I know they are a busy shop and can not sit around the phone all day) I finally got to talk with a person. I explained my problem and was told that the owner would call me back in an hour to an hour and a half. Well... that was a couple days ago and I have yet to receive a call.

The purpose of this thread is not to bag on them. It is really to tell my story and share a couple lessons I have learned. One in economics and another in marketing and customer service. As consumers we make choices about where to spend our dollars. Like me, I assume most consumers would like to have quality products, good customer service, and low prices. Fortunately for us there are businesses who can provide all three and we need to vote with our dollars and support those who are genuinely interested in supporting their customers in that way. Unfortunately, I did not choose the right supplier for my needs and my dollars will vote for someone else next time around. When people treat you right I believe in supporting them and referring them to others. As the marketing story goes... when a person receives good service or exceptional service they usually tell a couple of friends or family. When a person has a negative experience they share it with everyone. I guess it that holds true.

This thread could have been completely different with a couple phone calls or an email and a discussion over $10 in parts. I do not recommend these folks and will never spend another dime with them. That is too bad because there are several more items that they carry that I will be purchasing in the near future from someone else. I would like to suggest a feedback thread to tell stories good and bad about our experiences. I bet this is not an isolated case and I probably could have made a better decision with that type of information.

alwaysxj
07-28-2011, 10:24 PM
I have heard that 9 times out of 10 Rough contry stuff is on BO. I agree with you they should of been up front and honest with you telling you it was going to be a while. In Utah it is the law that you cannot charge someone tell it ships. I work in customer service for the worlds biggest fitness company, and i get phone call after phone call of when is my parts going to ship and why are they on back order?

I have to tell them how can i send something to you when i don't have it to send? sometimes it is not always the companys fault. although it is frustrating.
thanks for sharing and giving all of us the heads up!

BlueXJ
08-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Rough Country is probably not giving them any info to pass on to you.

xj4life2
08-01-2011, 04:48 PM
First of all let me state that in no way am I taking anyones side in this as I do not have all the facts but, I do have some facts that I can state. First as a Rough Country dealer myself I will tell you that Rough Country is very upfront about thier back orders and arrival dates of parts on back order. They also make of habit of contacting me to update me on the status of an order on back order. Second I agree that the customer should always be made aware of any lag time or back order status at the time of purchace,let me add however that sometimes that info is not there ,but in my years of experiance in doing sales a simple phone call to the customer takes care of the issue and I give them the option of cancelling the order and refunding the money of the option to wait its thier call and thier money. Lastly as a retailer and consumer I expect to be treated the same on either side of the counter and thats the way I treat my customers.

Mudderoy
08-01-2011, 06:36 PM
I would like to vent some frustrations with 4WheelingPlus.com. First I would like to say they have great prices. That is where the positives end in my experience. I spent almost $2,000 with these folks and can not even get a phone call or email returned. I ordered a complete rough country long arm suspension kit with steering stabilizer, SYE, and drive shaft. I paid immediately and they of course took the cash from my bank immediately. That is where the speedy service ended. After leaving a couple messages (by phone and email) I finally got ahold of a person at the shop. It had been nearly two weeks since the money was taken out of my account and I asked what the problem was and why I had not received any of my parts. I was told, "oh, its on back order". Here is a lesson in customer service my friends -Tell your customers when you are going to hang on to their money and not send them their products. I asked is everything on back order? "No not everything, the SYE and sterring stabilizer is in stock". So I asked them to send me that so I could atleast get started on something. He committed to sending it that day priority mail and said it would be there by Monday. Well, he did not send them. It was a week or so later I received everything together. I have to admit I was pretty disappointed for them to flat out lie to me and once again not contact me to tell me that I was not going to get my stuff when expected. I have a concern about one of the products that is now on my XJ so I used their cutomer service email on their website that says they will get back to you within two days and I have not heard back. After multipe attempts at calling (I know they are a busy shop and can not sit around the phone all day) I finally got to talk with a person. I explained my problem and was told that the owner would call me back in an hour to an hour and a half. Well... that was a couple days ago and I have yet to receive a call.

The purpose of this thread is not to bag on them. It is really to tell my story and share a couple lessons I have learned. One in economics and another in marketing and customer service. As consumers we make choices about where to spend our dollars. Like me, I assume most consumers would like to have quality products, good customer service, and low prices. Fortunately for us there are businesses who can provide all three and we need to vote with our dollars and support those who are genuinely interested in supporting their customers in that way. Unfortunately, I did not choose the right supplier for my needs and my dollars will vote for someone else next time around. When people treat you right I believe in supporting them and referring them to others. As the marketing story goes... when a person receives good service or exceptional service they usually tell a couple of friends or family. When a person has a negative experience they share it with everyone. I guess it that holds true.

This thread could have been completely different with a couple phone calls or an email and a discussion over $10 in parts. I do not recommend these folks and will never spend another dime with them. That is too bad because there are several more items that they carry that I will be purchasing in the near future from someone else. I would like to suggest a feedback thread to tell stories good and bad about our experiences. I bet this is not an isolated case and I probably could have made a better decision with that type of information.

Any updates on this?

Adrenalinejunky
08-27-2011, 08:41 AM
I would like to thank Ron for getting in touch with me and addressing my concerns on the defective component. After many discussions he has contacted the manufacturer about the issues I am having and they have shipped a replcement part. I am now only waiting on FedEx and a break in my work schedule to complete the work.

Adrenalinejunky
09-23-2011, 06:37 PM
I have now received and installed the new component and it is 100 percent operational. Thanks Ron.

Overall I am satisfied with the service I received from 4WheelingPlus.com. I still have a couple of reservations for future purchases but I beleive I will buy from them again. I know that issues come up from time to time but that is when it is in your best interest as a vendor to communicate well with your customers and follow through with your committments. I hope that all vendors will read these types posts and use this feedback as a tool to improve customer relations for the future and not get upset or take it as a slam on their business. Good can come from conflict and without communication both positive and negative there will be no reason for any of us to change.
Thanks!

bluedragon436
09-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Glad to hear that all worked out well with all parties envolved.. I know Ron is usually really good at getting back to me any time I have contacted him.. even after harrassing him and taking a lot of his time to ask questions that he probably figures are completely stupid... I know he gets really busy from time to time though.. Again.. glad to hear that all worked out in the end..

LizardRunner
09-25-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm glad everything worked out for you. This thread is just re-enforciment to my idea of just dealing with our vendors here. I get the 4wheeling plus catalogs but never see anything in them that I can't get from one of the vendors we have here.

Adrenalinejunky
09-25-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm glad everything worked out for you. This thread is just re-enforciment to my idea of just dealing with our vendors here. I get the 4wheeling plus catalogs but never see anything in them that I can't get from one of the vendors we have here.

Please check out the vendor section. 4wheeling.com well actually store.4wheeling.com is there.