PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Losplus!!!

4.3LXJ
07-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Hi Losplus, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Listen/watch to the Jeep Cherokee xjtalk.com show! Live on Wed. 8pm CT! Also available on iTunes!

Losplus
07-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Hey good morning everybody!!! I'm the new kid here. I stumbled across this site (didn't spill a drop o' beer though) while looking for answers to questions about front axle conversion (u-joint to CV) and also what issues I would face when putting on heavier springs, which would lift it front and rear. My 2001 Cherokee Sport is pretty much stock with about 140,000 mile on it. It stays fully loaded with heavy gear most of the time, which is why I decided to replace the rear leaf springs. The new 5-leafs raised it a good 3" or more in the back and of course now I need to install heavier springs and shocks in the front to counter the "nose dive" effect. I want to educate myself as to what I should look out for ahead of time, so that I can get the job done with as few glitches as possible. That's my deal. I look forward to talking with you all. Right now though, It's a nice day and I'm throwing my mountain bike on the back and hittin' some trails. I'll check back later. Peace yall!

Outlaw
07-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Welcome to xjtalk !

Mudderoy
07-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Hey good morning everybody!!! I'm the new kid here. I stumbled across this site (didn't spill a drop o' beer though) while looking for answers to questions about front axle conversion (u-joint to CV) and also what issues I would face when putting on heavier springs, which would lift it front and rear. My 2001 Cherokee Sport is pretty much stock with about 140,000 mile on it. It stays fully loaded with heavy gear most of the time, which is why I decided to replace the rear leaf springs. The new 5-leafs raised it a good 3" or more in the back and of course now I need to install heavier springs and shocks in the front to counter the "nose dive" effect. I want to educate myself as to what I should look out for ahead of time, so that I can get the job done with as few glitches as possible. That's my deal. I look forward to talking with you all. Right now though, It's a nice day and I'm throwing my mountain bike on the back and hittin' some trails. I'll check back later. Peace yall!

:welcome: to xjtalk and :thanx: for joining! :thumbsup:

If all you got was 3" out of it you shouldn't have a problem, but if you notice some vibrations you may need to install a transfer case drop.

Losplus
07-27-2011, 02:55 AM
Thanks for that tip Mudderoy! Yep already did the drop to counter the extreme angle on the drive shaft, and that smoothed out the vibration quite nicely.

cantab27
07-27-2011, 02:58 AM
good to hear ya got a result....and welcome to xjtalk

bluedragon436
07-27-2011, 06:19 AM
:welcome: to xjtalk from Delaware/Maryland!!