PDA

View Full Version : howdy from Austin

du$ty
07-21-2011, 12:54 PM
i bought this cherokee for my wife 7 years ago off a used car lot.i was not alot to modify "jeepy" as i wanted we drove it everywhere as it was our "reliable" car for i have an old shovelhead and we have had numerous old cars.a couple years ago we sold it to a friend of ours and he rearended someone and knocked her out of commission.we were living out in Tucson and i had a 92 bronco i was trailing with.anyway i wanted to get my cherokee back and when we movbed back home i started asking hime what he was gonna do.even offered him to help him fix her.he procrastinated then told me he was gonna sell it off.after a couple monhs i scored her back for 400.craigslisted a radiator new grill fan and fabbed up a bumper and roadsign skidplate.bought 3 inch lift springs in the front and two inch shackles in the rear.the drivers fender was pretty crunched so i decided to just cut all the wheel wells and straighten it best i can.next i want to fab up a rear gate for tire and can and get some $ up for 32 or 33s.its a 4.0 and 5 speed.and i look forward to the info and the rides on the forum.ive been watching for the last month or so since i got her up and going.i also am down to go get in some dirt so im excited to meet some other Texans that want to go out trailing.thanks dusty

rguignard
07-21-2011, 01:16 PM
im in conroe just outside houston tx i hear that you got some good wheeling up there ?

1ATony
07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the site

XJ4IV
07-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Dusty Great to meet you! you are officially my first XJT online meet in my new place of residence... I also live in the austin area, WAY out west near marble falls!!! the wheeling out here is GREAT.. let me tell ya I recently relocated out here from houston and I have NEVER wanted to drive off the highway as much as I do now!!!
What kind of wheelin are you into? coming from a big body bronco from AZ I bet your into rocks... which ROCKS! Anyhow hope to hear from ya soon feel free to send me a personal message and Ill shoot you my cell number! BTW how did you hear about XJTalk?