PDA

View Full Version : Put my inverter back in

4.3LXJ
07-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Since we are going camping in a month, the wife decided she wanted the luxury of a refrigerator. I kind of like the idea of nice cold beverages on the trail. So the inverter went back in. I used to have it mounted on top of the batteries, but it always rattled. So I took it out because it was annoying. Now I built a nice sturdy mounting frame and no rattles.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/IMG_1263.jpg

bluedragon436
07-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah I was trying to figure out a way/place to mount my inverter once I get back. I think I will wait until after I do my alt./battery upgrade!!

4.3LXJ
07-20-2011, 10:20 PM
I am running the stock alternator. It all depends on what you want to run. This inverter is a 1750 watt, which can draw 100 amps. But I would not run it that hard for very long. So far no problems.

bluedragon436
07-21-2011, 08:08 AM
I am not sure off hand what size my inverter is.. guess I'll have to check into that one once I get back home.. I know it is not too small for the largest thing I plan on running off of it, which will be probably a small light setup or my craptop or something small like that..

Mudderoy
07-21-2011, 09:32 AM
I'd like to find a good place to mount mine, hidden, but with good air flow. Then install power outlets front and rear. Ooooo I just thought of a switch I can add to my overhead panel. :D

4.3LXJ
07-21-2011, 12:10 PM
I'd like to find a good place to mount mine, hidden, but with good air flow. Then install power outlets front and rear. Ooooo I just thought of a switch I can add to my overhead panel. :D

This one has a remote switch capability. I already thought of that. I have big plans for this one in the future.