PDA

View Full Version : Finding some electrical issues

Paddletrucker
07-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Well, my cruise doesn't work and I wish it did. That might even be a vacuum issue, from what I understand.

My windows all worked before last night. I got to work and went to roll them all up and the rear driver's side window wouldn't go all the way up. I got home this morning at around daylight, and now it won't go up at all. I can hear the motor in the door, but the window isn't coming up. Guess I get to take the door apart.

One other thing I'd like to mod that just ticks me off. I hate the "feature" that makes the power locks lock me in everytime I start the Jeep. One, it's a pain in my ass running around town and especially around the place. Two, I'm GOING to lock myself out of it. I just know it.

Anybody know how to disable that little part of the locking system?

And I confirmed today that my electric fan isn't coming on. I want that on a switch on the dash, anyhow.

So, those are the things I'll be starting on, I suppose.

Paddletrucker
07-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Oh, and the "Low Washer" idiot light to the left of the instrument panel won't go off. That one's just annoying me.

bigjim350
07-16-2011, 11:43 PM
yeah i have same problem with the low washer light. I just covered it with mud LOL

Paddletrucker
07-16-2011, 11:44 PM
yeah i have same problem with the low washer light. I just covered it with mud LOL

I was thinking that if I can't find why it's doing that, or if I can't find the wire to cut, a small piece if black electrical tape will work perfectly!

saar
07-18-2011, 01:44 AM
One other thing I'd like to mod that just ticks me off. I hate the "feature" that makes the power locks lock me in everytime I start the Jeep. One, it's a pain in my ass running around town and especially around the place. Two, I'm GOING to lock myself out of it. I just know it.

I was sure it is some kind of a bug in mine, now I know it is a "feature"... :D

If you are going to add a switch for the vent, you may want to connect it to the relay instead of to the vent itself (I did that and ruined one switch...)
Saar.

steph74
07-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Just Expect Electrical Problems.....
good luck with all your gremlins ;) I sure know I had a lot and it takes a long time to go through all the circuits trying to figure out the wire mess from Jeep engineers as well as from years of "attempted repairs and mods from previous owners... and present owners as well ;) )

XJ4IV
07-18-2011, 09:54 AM
If you unplug the washer reservoir on top... the light goes off, I though that was for the pump but its JUST for the light and the pump still works.... Ive had mine unplugged for 4 years now, not a single issue

Paddletrucker
07-18-2011, 02:27 PM
If you unplug the washer reservoir on top... the light goes off, I though that was for the pump but its JUST for the light and the pump still works.... Ive had mine unplugged for 4 years now, not a single issue

COOL! Thanks. I figure I'll be able to get along without the light. :sign0181::D