PDA

View Full Version : Brake hoses

steph74
07-15-2011, 10:28 AM
it is going to be soon time for me to change the brake hoses... the rubber starts peeling off....
So that means it is information gathering time for me lol...

I don;lt have much of a lift so I was thinking getting just the 95 Wrangler hoses
from what I read it is longer than the stock XJ ones
It is about the same price
and it is a direct swap....

What you guys think, or recommend or other suggestions...? open discussion here would be great

my first question would be are the hose with or without ABS the same upgrade ? on the MADXJ website he uses the ones with ABS and it is confusing to me why...

xj4life2
07-15-2011, 10:58 AM
it is going to be soon time for me to change the brake hoses... the rubber starts peeling off....
So that means it is information gathering time for me lol...

I don;lt have much of a lift so I was thinking getting just the 95 Wrangler hoses
from what I read it is longer than the stock XJ ones
It is about the same price
and it is a direct swap....

What you guys think, or recommend or other suggestions...? open discussion here would be great

my first question would be are the hose with or without ABS the same upgrade ? on the MADXJ website he uses the ones with ABS and it is confusing to me why...

You could use the ones from the Wrangler but I would say plan ahead a little and be sure your gonna stay at the current height. If not get the longer ones it wont hurt a thing and you only have to buy once. As for the ABS thing The difference between the ABS and non-ABS lines is that the ABS lines have the little plastic clips for the electrical feed to the brakes. As long as the fittings are correct you can use any brake line from any vehicle. Most parts houses can look in the books (if they still have them ) and get a hose exactly taylored to your needs. Good luck

steph74
07-15-2011, 11:19 AM
this is a good advice... thanks

XJ4IV
07-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Id get the wrangler ones, I have LONG ones that were given to me a few years ago and honestly my jeep sits at about 7 inches of lift and the LONG brake lines just get in the way
Im not suer what they are rated but I DID break one a few months back cause it got caught up on a tree limb. I had to replace it with an OE XJ one and the YJ ones are about 4 inches longer and would be perfect... thats my reasoning!