PDA

View Full Version : Champion Radiators (by LedFoot Racing)

Mudderoy
07-13-2011, 01:54 PM
I just got a call. They have received some all alumiumn 2 core Champion radiators. They have 19 and they are about $158 and $30 shipping, price may vary depending on where you are.

:link: (http://www.championradiators.com/page/419843582)

Now this is for the 2 ROW not the 3 ROW. He is supposed to call me if/when they get those in.

Verify everything with them before you buy!

714-974-1650 and let them know you are a xjtalk member.

96xj
08-07-2011, 04:07 PM
any word on the 3 row tony ?

Mudderoy
08-08-2011, 01:30 AM

Nope, two row only. I thought I had posted. They called me and said they were still waiting on the 3 row but they had an American Eagle all aluminum 3 row for $250 I believe.

I have solved my running hot problem with single row aluminum/plastic radiator for $140 shipped.

Now that I have learned about tube sizes and fins per inch I may go to an all aluminum two core but not right now.

BigBear
08-13-2011, 05:22 PM

I bought a 3 row all aluminum seal one. It is Champion radiator. I have pictures of it on my other Jeep forum profile.

Niac
08-13-2011, 07:53 PM
What did you learn about tube sizes and fins per inch ??

Mudderoy
08-13-2011, 09:56 PM
What did you learn about tube sizes and fins per inch ??

lol that they are different! I think thats about as far as I've gone in my learning.

I think the more fins per inch mean more surface area. However too many fins per inch would hamper air flow. Same with tube size. Big allows a greater flow but too great a flow and it's not there to cool long enough.

LizardRunner
09-08-2011, 09:22 PM
you want fairly high fins per inch and a smaller diameter tube allows more heat to leave the fluid your cooling than a large diameter tube. It is also a great thing if the flow tube to the engine catches from all the core layers rather than just the back layer. if you can slip a business card between the fins and there is no room, you have a nice fins per inch ratio. Aluminum transfers heat much faster than copper and plastic is just horrible at loosing heat. Aluminum cores, fins and tanks will give the best heat transfer (cooling).

Carves
09-08-2011, 09:44 PM
you want fairly high fins per inch and a smaller diameter tube allows more heat to leave the fluid your cooling than a large diameter tube. It is also a great thing if the flow tube to the engine catches from all the core layers rather than just the back layer. if you can slip a business card between the fins and there is no room, you have a nice fins per inch ratio. Aluminum transfers heat much faster than copper and plastic is just horrible at loosing heat. Aluminum cores, fins and tanks will give the best heat transfer (cooling).

Ive got a 2row copper brass that works better ... in all driving conditions ... than any chrysler supplied 2row plastic/aluminium I ever bought ....

Perhaps theres a difference in cooling efficiency between Al & Copper ... depending on the row and fin sizes ....

Factory fin spacing specs are quite tight according to the FSM .... and yet the copper one I have is only 12.7 FPI.

XJMJeep
10-23-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm running a Champion 2 row aluminum in my 93 and I'm very happy with it.

afbond03
10-23-2011, 10:15 AM
The link in the original post goes to a 3 row. So I guess the 3 row is good to go now.