PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Jeep XJ - Oil pressure sensor

OverEasy
07-13-2011, 12:02 PM
I was changing my oil the other day and my hand slipped and hit the OPS. I hit it hard enough to knock it loose but not break it. Well a couple days later my OP dropped to 0. Knowing what it was more than likely, it didn't alarm me. I opened my hood and the OPS had completely broken off. The best way I can describe it is that it broke off at the brass piece, between the clip and brass, where it's soldered at.

Wait a min. . . I'll grab a pic. Here we go. . .
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv311/watjeep/Random/IMAG0205.jpg

My question is, does anyone know what years will have these/ this type? I'm assuming that all 4.0s do, but are they the same? I have searched but with no luck. Maybe my Google-Fu isn't as strong today. I plan on going to my local JY soon to try and grab one, but if I know certain years it will help, I don't wanna pay the entry fee if they wont have my part...

Thanks again!

Indiana Jeep
07-13-2011, 02:21 PM
It looks the same as on my 99 4.0L

OverEasy
07-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks! I wanna say that it's the same for the 97+, but I don't know and don't wanna bet on it.

jccatt
07-13-2011, 04:17 PM
There are only two types, pre and post update

4.3LXJ
07-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Give Mark at Payless a PM. He has dealt with this a number of times.

OverEasy
07-14-2011, 02:42 AM
There are only two types, pre and post update

Ahh, OK. That's good to know! So it's either or, not a lot of searching for different ones to be found.

Give Mark at Payless a PM. He has dealt with this a number of times.

Good idea!

Thanks guys!

honesT
07-17-2011, 09:48 PM
CAll your local dealer and ask the parts counter.

OverEasy
07-20-2011, 06:47 PM
CAll your local dealer and ask the parts counter.

Would try that but I don't deal with the stealership here. Plus, the parts dept. is dumber than a box of rocks. They are useless.

I got it fixed up guys! I had a friend that got me one and it turned out to be the wrong one. We went to the JY the other day and there were two XJs side by side and one happen to have one style OPS and the other XJ had another. Mne happen to be the one with three wires coming out of it. The one my friend had was only two. We swapped it out and I had oil pressure again!!! Best of all, NO check engine light! Happy Dance, Happy Dance!!! :spongebob:

pikapp504
07-26-2011, 03:15 PM
You're welcome....;-) Glad I could help!