PDA

View Full Version : TPS bad???

Taro2413
06-24-2011, 11:44 PM
So i read the testing procedure from every single website you could possibly imagine and a couple from this forum. Now my question is is my TPS bad or is there another laundry list of problems it could be. This is what i got so far....

Input Voltage is 4V.....this kinda concerns me to because if the book calls for 5V and everyone else says there getting around 4.5V-4.6V then something else seems wrong

Output Voltage is 0.....before trying to adjust it i moved throttle to WOT and no change still 0. after trying to adjust it still nothing turning TPS right and then left nothing still 0.

Ground is good on my xj...thats probably the only thing that turned out right in my testing.

Also i did pull the fuse to the TCM and walla its shifts perfect manually of course and while i dont have a tach (idiot light cluster) i could tell it went into overdrive by flooring it after shifting thru all gears and took a normal amount of time to accelerate from 45-50 so im pretty confident it was in OD.

I guess for my question...again...do my readings mean the TPS is bad or is there something else i should be looking at? Sorry almost forgot i have a 87 xj mpi base model.

Mudderoy
06-26-2011, 01:16 PM
So i read the testing procedure from every single website you could possibly imagine and a couple from this forum. Now my question is is my TPS bad or is there another laundry list of problems it could be. This is what i got so far....

Input Voltage is 4V.....this kinda concerns me to because if the book calls for 5V and everyone else says there getting around 4.5V-4.6V then something else seems wrong

Output Voltage is 0.....before trying to adjust it i moved throttle to WOT and no change still 0. after trying to adjust it still nothing turning TPS right and then left nothing still 0.

Ground is good on my xj...thats probably the only thing that turned out right in my testing.

Also i did pull the fuse to the TCM and walla its shifts perfect manually of course and while i dont have a tach (idiot light cluster) i could tell it went into overdrive by flooring it after shifting thru all gears and took a normal amount of time to accelerate from 45-50 so im pretty confident it was in OD.

I guess for my question...again...do my readings mean the TPS is bad or is there something else i should be looking at? Sorry almost forgot i have a 87 xj mpi base model.

Sorry I thought one of our older Jeep guys would have responded by now. I bet boring Monday morning work will get you an answer. :wink: