PDA

View Full Version : Rubicon Express bushings - do you notice an unusual wear?

saar
06-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Hi,

I installed my RE 3.5" ~1.5 years ago.
I drove ~7000-10000 km since then.
Last week I replaced the bushings of the rear leafs. they were in the worst condition I could think of...
almost no rubber at all, just 2 metal rolls one in each other.
Did anyone else notice that wear?
Or is it just me?

Thanks,
Saar.

Showtime3492
06-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Ive heard of this problem from some people on other forums before but never really read into it as i dont run those. check out some of the other forums and posiibly even call because i read that rubicon express will continue to honor warranties and should be re opening eventually.

4.3LXJ
06-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Saar

If it was me in this situation, I would check the measurements and see if a stock bushing would fit there and then go with that. The additional flex of lifted suspensions is harder on bushings, but they should last longer than that.

PolarXJ
06-14-2011, 11:27 AM
They actually did have a bad batch of bushing about that time go through. Not enough hardener or something wasn't added to the mix when the were making them. I purchased some replacement bushing about that time and have already replaced them again.

saar
06-15-2011, 01:12 AM
Thank you, I replaced the bushings to something better, I was just interested to know if that was only me or there was a "line" of defective products...
Thanks,
Saar