PDA

View Full Version : 4" lift, needed parts?

Switch_knuckles
05-31-2011, 08:32 PM
There is a used 4" lift listed on c-list for 150.00. The ad says it includes coils and leafs. Rear shocks also. But nothing about steering or anything else. With a 4" lift what is all needed?

bigjim350
05-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Would need control arms, front shocks, brake lines, trackbar, and a few other small things.

Mudderoy
06-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Would need control arms, front shocks, brake lines, trackbar, and a few other small things.

You don't need a trackbar. You can just relocate the stock trackbar down about an inch or so. Brake lines can be moved down about 2 inches.

Switch_knuckles
06-01-2011, 10:26 AM
So 150 would not be a bad price?

Mudderoy
06-01-2011, 10:57 AM
So 150 would not be a bad price?

I think the RC 4.5" coils are about $150 and the RC 4.5" leaf springs are about $225 shipped.

So I guess it depends on how old these are and who made them.

xj4life2
06-01-2011, 01:08 PM
You don't need a trackbar. You can just relocate the stock trackbar down about an inch or so. Brake lines can be moved down about 2 inches.

Rather than relocate it just cut it and sleeve it with some DOM. As Muddy says the Brake Lines can be dropped dropped. Lower CTL arms are a must , you can get by with stock uppers but not recomended. Transfer case drop would be needed but thats another thing you could fab together if need be. Front shocks if they dont come with the kit. Other than that your good and the price is right .

Mudderoy
06-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Rather than relocate it just cut it and sleeve it with some DOM. As Muddy says the Brake Lines can be dropped dropped. Lower CTL arms are a must , you can get by with stock uppers but not recomended. Transfer case drop would be needed but thats another thing you could fab together if need be. Front shocks if they dont come with the kit. Other than that your good and the price is right .

Just to be clear, "sleeving" it would require welding, AND you'd need to be triple sure it was welded correctly. A trackbar in two pieces is a roll over. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

OrangeXJ
06-07-2011, 09:54 AM
If it does not come with lower control arms for a 4.5 lift I have some RC LCA's off a 4.5 lift.