PDA

View Full Version : Finally ready

Adrenalinejunky
05-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Hello everyone! I have been a member for a couple months now and have not made my introduction due to not owning an XJ. Well, that is no longer the case. This past Saturday I brought home a 99 4 door.

My dad leased it new and my brother bought it after the lease was up. Together they put 156,000 miles on her without ever going off the pavement. Most of the miles are from traveling the highway from Dallas to Oklahoma City.

I have a long list of mods and a short pile of cash so this may be a long project. I have read lots of great posts and am really excited to become a participating member of this forum.

bluedragon436
05-30-2011, 10:33 AM
:welcome: to xjtalk from Delaware/Maryland!! Nothing wrong with taking your time and doing the build little by little... I am doing the same thing with mine... All I got to say is keep your eye open, and continue to scour as many forums as you can looking for good deals... even if you have to collect items part by part.. I pieced together my lift kit as I was able to find deals on the parts... and just purchased new shocks and u-bolts... at least you have a great selection of experienced folks on here that you can ask information and opinions on to help you make the best use of your money/time... they def. saved me some wasted money as I was doing my lift build...

4.3LXJ
05-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Welcome to the forum

As far as the speed of the build goes, I have been doing mine for 10 years and have more to go. It is always a labor of love.

cantab27
05-30-2011, 12:55 PM
hi mate welcome to xjtalk...as the others have said it all takes time...good luck and look forward to updates and pics along the way....

Adrenalinejunky
05-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks

Took a pic with my phone...

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb299/HondaAdrenaline/99XJ.jpg

KH96XJ
05-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Looks good.

oderdene
05-31-2011, 08:23 AM
welcome to xjtalk. looks very clean and ready to mod :D, what about your plan or wishlist?

jccatt
05-31-2011, 05:01 PM
Nice rig. Take your time with the mods and enjoy the jeep journey. I used second hand springs and coil spacers and 31's to get started. Drives the wheels of bigger trucks.

4x4Dalton
05-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Welcome to xjtalk from Va. Nice lookin rig to bro,dont let them pick on ya cause its red though lol. Cant wait to see what all ya got planned for it. Just remember ask away when ya start buildin it up theres alot of us that can help ya along the way.

bluedragon436
05-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey if you get some time, I would recommend taking your flares off, and painting them with some Krylon Fusion paint... You'd be surprised how much nicer it will look, just by doing something as small as turning the faded flares back to the nice black color they should be...

Adrenalinejunky
05-31-2011, 07:27 PM
The wish list is pretty long but to get started I will do the following:
New windshield (done today)
Paint bumpers and flares black (this coming weekend)
Add recovery points in front and receiver in rear (Sometime in June)
6.5" long arm with SYE and drive shaft (July)
33" tires and wheels (July)
Lockers and gears front/rear (August or September)
Rock sliders (October or November)
Bumper front/rear with winch and spare tire holder (Maybe Christmas...)
There is much more but this is what I think I can work into the budget for this year.

vwfoolwhy
05-31-2011, 07:58 PM
Welcome From Massachusetts.

bigjim350
05-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Sounds like a great plan. Have you given any though about painting? I would suggest green :thumbsup: Just playing look like a great jeep to start with p.s. there is a GREEN vs red war going on right now.

bluedragon436
06-01-2011, 06:33 AM
No War Jim, Green is just better!! LOL... JK...

Sounds like a great plan... wish I could build mine up that quickly... but it will happen eventually.... as long as people will quite managing to somehow hit me... As far as the wheels, you might be able to save a little bit by using the ones you already have... they look to be in pretty good shape, and would look good with some 33's wrapped around them...

oderdene
06-01-2011, 07:37 AM
The wish list is pretty long but to get started I will do the following:
New windshield (done today)
Paint bumpers and flares black (this coming weekend)
Add recovery points in front and receiver in rear (Sometime in June)
6.5" long arm with SYE and drive shaft (July)
33" tires and wheels (July)
Lockers and gears front/rear (August or September)
Rock sliders (October or November)
Bumper front/rear with winch and spare tire holder (Maybe Christmas...)
There is much more but this is what I think I can work into the budget for this year.

That's start of all, please don't forget:
- photos - today
- photos - coming weekend
- photos - june
- photos - july july
- photos - august/september
and so on :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

Jamie Lynn
06-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Sounds like a great plan. Have you given any though about painting? I would suggest green :thumbsup: Just playing look like a great jeep to start with p.s. there is a GREEN vs red war going on right now.

I have learned the correct answer to everything is GREEN while you are on here..lol..

LizardRunner
06-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Welcome to the never ending xj build. I am just starting mine too and it will take at least a few years to get it where I want it. Just go slow and do the research, ask a million questions and you will be on your way. and yes it's true, green jeeps seem to run better. Just ask Muddy, his is red. :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: