PDA

View Full Version : XJ Fender tuck... Tin snips, rubber hammer. Advice?.

Switch_knuckles
05-25-2011, 09:08 PM
I am going to attempt to cut and fold the fenders on The Nasty tomorrow. I removed the flares back in February. After doing a bit of research, I have found that it can be done with a pair of tin snips and a rubber hammer. Having never done this before, is there anything I should be aware of?

Mudderoy
05-25-2011, 09:15 PM
I am going to attempt to cut and fold the fenders on The Nasty tomorrow. I removed the flares back in February. After doing a bit of research, I have found that it can be done with a pair of tin snips and a rubber hammer. Having never done this before, is there anything I should be aware of?

I had to beat the hell out of my trimmed rear fenders to make the bushwackers fit. It wasn't no stinking rubber hammer either. But if you're just doing the fold it should be good with a rubber hammer.

cantab27
05-25-2011, 09:16 PM
http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5515&highlight=trimming+fenders

theres a link in there as well ffrom xjrat

4.3LXJ
05-25-2011, 09:22 PM
If you are making the initial cut, the sawsall will do a nice job. Just draw it out well beforehand where you will cut, put some masking tape on before you draw if you want a good edge. But it is not necessary since you will fold that edge anyway. If you make a lot of little cuts about 1" aprat where you will fold, you can then just use a crescent wrench to make the fold with. Much easier to fold that way, then touch up with light hammer.