PDA

View Full Version : Tornadoes

prerunner1982
05-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Hope everyone in Texas is ok... We had a heck of an afternoon here in Oklahoma.

Here is a map showing the EF4 that went just north of my house. For awhile I thought it was coming right toward us but ended up going just north. Watched it, or at least the part of the storm it was in going only a couple miles north. It was wrapped in rain but you could definitely tell where it was.

The tornado is the dark circle right above the name Alan (storm chaser)... I am about 7 miles east and 2 miles north of it. The tornado was tracking NE.....
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3707/alanypwvquo.png

Here is a image of the tornado before it got near my house.
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8310/tornadoscreenshot.png

cantab27
05-24-2011, 09:50 PM
nasty things man...been following them on the news down here....stay safe mate

rguignard
05-24-2011, 09:54 PM
nasty things man...been following them on the news down here....stay safe mate

what wayne said

XJ4IV
05-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Ah hell gotta check on the northerners from my family... Ill keep yall posted. My sister and her family live north of dallas

bigjim350
05-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Ah hell gotta check on the northerners from my family... Ill keep yall posted. My sister and her family live north of dallas

Well the good thing is, the really nasty storm was just south of Dallas.

XJ4IV
05-24-2011, 10:04 PM
yeah Im watching that on the news
Its kinda amusing how the news reporters react... like a kid seeing his first airplane

XJ4IV
05-24-2011, 10:07 PM
OH HELL I just remembered I have a cousin in mcalester OK... guess I need to call THAT one in as well

jccatt
05-25-2011, 01:16 AM
Stay safe people. Those tornados look bad

LizardRunner
05-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Wow, prerunner, glad it moved away from you and I noticed it looks like there was a child funnel coming down just to the right of the main funnel, that would have made it even worse if it touched down. The worst one I've ever seen had a major main funnel and three children that were circling around the main funnel, all of them on the ground. made the swath of destruction almost 2.5 miles wide and it ran on the ground for about 75 miles. fortunately the area this happened in was desolate of people but lots of cows took a ride. Glad you are safe and hoping you stay that way, this is a nighmarish tornado season for all of us. they are saying we have a 50/50 chance for some here this evening, again. Stay safe my friend.

steph74
05-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Is it me or this year Natural elements seem to be more ferocious than usual ?
Brace yourself for the hurricane season :(

Stay safe

LizardRunner
05-25-2011, 08:57 AM

Stay safe

over the last five years, the weather has been changing and it seems storm cells have been becoming more focused with a higher than average concentration of super cells forming. I will be checking the HAARP site to see if they have been running any experiments lately. I have been keeping up with these experiments and there seems to be a correlation of them running an experiment then major storms popping up with concentrations of supercells. could be coincidence but charting will tell the whole story.

bigjim350
05-25-2011, 10:59 AM

Stay safe

I'm worried that hurricane season will be our only chance for rain down here.

4.3LXJ
05-25-2011, 11:17 AM

Stay safe

It is not you Steph. People joke about global warming. But in reality, the weather associated with it will become more extreme. It is happening everywhere. And will probably get worse.

steph74
05-25-2011, 11:21 AM
oh I am not Joking... just amazed that we can actually feel the effects..... I would expect climatic changes to be gradual over several decades ;)

Time to start getting green..... (for sale Jeep cherokee XJ 89... lol)

LizardRunner
05-25-2011, 11:51 AM
it would be nice if the effects would take a decade or two but we now know from the mini ice age that it can happen in less than one year. There are a lot of different events that have occured that when bundled together have really accellerated the effects felt on the ground. the Iceland first eruption, the myrad of quakes around the globe, the ice pack melt, now the Iceland second eruption. All together these things are helping with the changing patterns of weather. Now the gulf stream is cooling and that will shut down the coveyor that has driven the weather for centuries. The easiest way to watch the gulf stream's temp change is to watch scotland's temperatures especially around the northern edge when those temps are going below normal, and remaining below normal, it is directly related to the temperature of the gulf stream.

4.3LXJ
05-25-2011, 12:59 PM
The thing about natural systems is that they can take some pushing. But once they reach a threshold, they change quickly. We have been pushing for some time now, and we have started reaching thresholds.

4.3LXJ
05-25-2011, 08:25 PM
We just got this warning

ALERT 1 - Tornado Warning

A TORNADO WARNING IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6:45PM PDT WEDNESDAY, MAY 25
Event Start: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:10 PM PDT
Event End: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:45 PM PDT
Back to Summary
Bulletin - Eas Activation Requested
Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Sacramento CA
610 PM PDT Wed May 25 2011

The National Weather Service In Sacramento Has Issued A

• Tornado Warning For...
Central Butte County In Northern California...
This Includes The Cities Of...Paradise...Chico...
Extreme East Central Glenn County In Northern California...

• Until 645 PM Pdt

• At 602 PM PDT...National Weather Service Doppler Radar Was Tracking
A Tornado Around 5 Miles Southwest Of Chico...Moving East At 15
Mph. A Second Tornado Is Around 5 Miles Southeast Of Ordbend...Also
Moving East At 15 Mph.

• The Tornado Will Be Near...
South Chico 615 PM PDT...
Paradise By 645 PM PDT...

• These Two Storms Have A History Of Briefly Dissipating And
Reforming Tornadoes.

Precautionary/Preparedness Actions...

In Addition To The Tornado...This Storm Is Capable Of Producing
Quarter Size Hail And Destructive Straight Line Winds.

The Safest Place To Be During A Tornado Is In A Basement. Get Under A
Workbench Or Other Piece Of Sturdy Furniture. If No Basement Is
Available...Seek Shelter On The Lowest Floor Of The Building In An
Interior Hallway Or Room Such As A Closet. Use Blankets Or Pillows To
Cover Your Body And Always Stay Away From Windows.

If In Mobile Homes Or Vehicles...Evacuate Them And Get Inside A
Substantial Shelter. If No Shelter Is Available...Lie Flat In The
Nearest Ditch Or Other Low Spot And Cover Your Head

A friend of mine just called and said there was one about 5 mi from me. But I can't see it and the air is calm outside.

4.3LXJ
05-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Just had a second one touch down 3 miles from the house. Just a little hail and wind out of this one.

LizardRunner
05-25-2011, 09:43 PM
we had three confirmed touch downs here, power went out for a few hours too. I agree with you steve, that the human race memebers have been pushing our earth mother for far to many years, now she is pusing back.

bigjim350
05-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Man-made global warming is a hoax..imo

OrangeXJ
05-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Man-made global warming is a hoax..imo

X2

LizardRunner
05-26-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm not saying global warming is man made (earth mother has gone through these changing times many times before), but think of this part of the equation just for fun.

The Human animal is the only animal that has made a habit of killing the very planet that supports their life form.

Ground and Water have been contaminated with a myrad of things made by human animals, to the point that nothing can grow where it was once full of life.

The human animal is the only animal that has hunted other species till they are now extinct.

Before the human animal became "civilized" only earth mother decided when ground would cease being productive, mass extinctions were also her decision or the great spirits decision.

Earths temperature was more moderate before the paving of the planet began and there were no giant refuse piles, no nuclear waste and no plastics that survived for years and years, no oil spills either, except at the labrea tar pits and other special areas like the tar pits.

Acid rain used to only occured as a result of volcanic eruptions.

The great spirit changed animals to better survive where they lived, not so they could have more meat for another species to eat and the great spirit did not pump these "genetic mutations" full of antibiotics or other "medicines" for the "saftey" of those who fed upon them.

Now knowing these things, which are true, can you still say that mankind has had nothing to do with earth mother deciding to shake and perhaps begin ridding herself of the blight upon her?

bigjim350
05-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Yep, can still say that I think mankind has nothing to do with weather..... There has always been extreme weather and always will be. Don't think we have anything to do with it. When you look at climatology to see what the normal temp should be and normal rainfall should be its all just an average of extremes.

LizardRunner
05-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Yep, can still say that I think mankind has nothing to do with weather..... There has always been extreme weather and always will be. Don't think we have anything to do with it. When you look at climatology to see what the normal temp should be and normal rainfall should be its all just an average of extremes.

And I am agreeing with you on this point.

Mudderoy
05-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Global climate change is real, however it has been played up for political, economic and possibly just because some people really believed in it so much that they skewed information unintentionally. SOME people not all.

Don't think that just because many scientists forged results that we should just dismiss the entire message. We all need to watch, learn and not blindly trust, but that is always a good idea.

Oh, and I'll add I think it is incredibility arrogant to think that little old 7 billion of us is the primary cause of the global climate change. I suspect we'll find that it is normal changes, cycles, that our Sun goes through.

LizardRunner
05-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Global climate change is real, however it has been played up for political, economic and possibly just because some people really believed in it so much that they skewed information unintentionally. SOME people not all.

Don't think that just because many scientists forged results that we should just dismiss the entire message. We all need to watch, learn and not blindly trust, but that is always a good idea.

I also agree with your statements. I do not trust scientist who work for any government. If you want to prove your point of view it is very easy to design experiments to end up the way you want them to. As for unintentional, if that were the case the experimenter would re do his/her experiments so that they were truly unbiased and report the results confirming or denying their previous results. I think it is always a good idea to watch anything a government gets involved in. and to be very skeptical of what they say is fact.

jccatt
05-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Man has released megatons of carbon into the atmosphere. That alone has probably tiped the balance.

LizardRunner
05-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Arkansas seems to have gotten lucky this last tornado event, only two dead reported from the three tornadoes this week.