PDA

View Full Version : Trail-gear rock sliders.

alwaysxj
05-20-2011, 10:35 PM
So I am in need of some sliders before my Moab trip in Oct.
I have looked around and all the sliders made for a xj are just more then I want to spend. I do have all the tools and knowledge to make my own, but with the new baby and working two jobs I just don't have time.

I want to know if anyone has or has seen the trail-gear sliders put on a xj? They are the right length and design that I want. The only thing I see wrong is I might have to cut off the front leg maybe the back leg and re-weld them in closer to the center, since I have a long arm on the jeep. Also i don't know if the angle of the step is going to hit the door when opened? what do you think worth trying or no just buy some or make some that will work?

http://www.trail-gear.com/images/rocksliders-225.gif

Here is a link to the sliders.
http://www.trail-gear.com/rock-sliders

alwaysxj
05-20-2011, 11:16 PM
so I was talking to one of my buddies that has these on his 4-runner, He said that they come with out the legs welded on. so i can make them work with the long arm kit and put them at the angle needed to still open the door.
I found them on ebay for $128.25 I think this is what I will end up getting.

Mudderoy
05-21-2011, 04:36 AM
so I was talking to one of my buddies that has these on his 4-runner, He said that they come with out the legs welded on. so i can make them work with the long arm kit and put them at the angle needed to still open the door.
I found them on ebay for $128.25 I think this is what I will end up getting.

Of course you can make anything work, it will just depend on how much time and effort. It will be interesting to see if anyone else has done this before.

alwaysxj
05-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Of course you can make anything work, it will just depend on how much time and effort. It will be interesting to see if anyone else has done this before.

from what it looks like if you had a welder all you need to do it cut the legs to size and weld them on. the sliders come all welded except the legs and they legs are even notched. they are just a little smaller then i would of made them but buy like 2 inches.
I seen on a local site this guy made them work on his nissan exterra so i think they will work just fine on a xj. :popcorn:

LizardRunner
05-21-2011, 04:25 PM
basicly a pre-fab set. Nice and you can make them work just by doing the required finishing welding. sweet price too.