PDA

View Full Version : Welcome mikecav19!!!

cantab27
05-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi mikecav19, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Listen/watch to the Jeep Cherokee xjtalk.com show! Live on Wed. 8pm CT! Also available on iTunes!

mikecav19
05-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Cool! I am a new Jeep Owner as of last Friday. Purchased a '94 XJ 2-wheel drive, with a Manual transmission and 212,000 miles on it. I found this site by seeing it referred to at CherokeeForum.com. I live at Memorial and Eldridge on Houston's West side (close to Katy).

What do I want to do? I live in an apartment and so I cannot do a lot of work myself at the moment. I would love to be pointed in the right direction of a person or mechanic who I could have check out my Jeep and tell me where I stand on it with the engine etc. I want to take care of any mechanical issues before I start thinking about doing other things to it. I don't mind investing in the engine, but just want to find a trustworthy person.

xj4life2
05-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Welcome from Nor cal !! Sorry can't help ya with a local mechanic but I'm sure some of your fellow Texans will be along directly you pass on some info

Mudderoy
05-20-2011, 06:23 AM
Cool! I am a new Jeep Owner as of last Friday. Purchased a '94 XJ 2-wheel drive, with a Manual transmission and 212,000 miles on it. I found this site by seeing it referred to at CherokeeForum.com. I live at Memorial and Eldridge on Houston's West side (close to Katy).

What do I want to do? I live in an apartment and so I cannot do a lot of work myself at the moment. I would love to be pointed in the right direction of a person or mechanic who I could have check out my Jeep and tell me where I stand on it with the engine etc. I want to take care of any mechanical issues before I start thinking about doing other things to it. I don't mind investing in the engine, but just want to find a trustworthy person.

:welcome: to xjtalk! Find a good mechanic is tough. I used a family friend for much of my Jeep work. He has an "old hole in the wall" shop but does great work. He is in high demand so often he gets pulled in 10 different directions.

He's located near downtown, off of 45 and Calvacade(sp)?

http://xjtalk.com/images/special/falcon_auto.jpg

Here's a picture from lift day about 3 years ago.
http://xjtalk.com/images/special/jeep_lift3.jpg

mikecav19
05-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the tip Mudderoy!

1ATony
05-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Welcome to the site