PDA

View Full Version : Help with Electrical?? Maybe???

wolford
05-15-2011, 01:30 AM
HI there, I need a hand with some of the weird things my new jeep is up to. Like I had mentioned before, It is a 2001 Cherokee Sport, 4dr, 4.0L, auto. Factory everything and had an Installed remote start when I got it.
First off the oil pressure gauge drops to nothing and the "check gauges" light comes on.- Im pretty sure that it is the Oil Pressure Sensor and have the new one in hand.

So the real problem is, When I start it, I squeals extremely loud, up around the belts, for about 30sec-1min, increasing with the RPM. Mostly when its cold, and in every gear.

Nextly the day I bought it, all the windows rolled down, and there were no other problems, but a week later.... the only buttons that can roll the windows down are on the drivers door, the other doors buttons don't work...
next the rear window wiper stopped working, it went up half way and stayed, then a day later tried it again, and it moved a couple inches... and now the signal lights are acting up, they randomly blink, sometimes normally, and then they stop and then they blink slowly, and then normal again... I hope someone can give me a heads up as to what is going on??? :smiley-whacky097:

4.3LXJ
05-15-2011, 01:56 AM
The door lock problem is due to the child safety lock. It needs to be bypassed. This is a common problem.

wolford
05-15-2011, 03:47 PM
okay thanks :)

4x4Dalton
05-15-2011, 05:23 PM
One thing I would do is if ya can get under dash and check all wires to fuse box. Seems like the may be some loose or fuses about to blow. I had some of the same issues with my 95 and they were loose wires from PO stereo system hook up attempts.

default83
05-16-2011, 07:14 AM
also check all the grounds, bad grounds can cause weird problems.

ParadiseXJ
05-16-2011, 08:37 AM
had an Installed remote start when I got it.

If it wasn't factory installed I'd suspect faulty wiring, possibly causing all your other problems (except the belt).

First off the oil pressure gauge drops to nothing and the "check gauges" light comes on.- Im pretty sure that it is the Oil Pressure Sensor and have the new one in hand.

There you go, replace the sensor

So the real problem is, When I start it, I squeals extremely loud, up around the belts,

Tighten the belt, needs to be very tight, get a Krikit II belt gauge and crank it down.

Nextly the day I bought it, all the windows rolled down, and there were no other problems, but a week later.... the only buttons that can roll the windows down are on the drivers door, the other doors buttons don't work...

Well, like 4.3 said, child lock, or you inadvertantly hit the lock button

next the rear window wiper stopped working, it went up half way and stayed, then a day later tried it again, and it moved a couple inches... and now the signal lights are acting up, they randomly blink, sometimes normally, and then they stop and then they blink slowly, and then normal again... I hope someone can give me a heads up as to what is going on??? :smiley-whacky097:

The last thing sounds like a malfunction in the stalk/switch on the column, a crimped wire, or bad switch.

Mudderoy
05-16-2011, 09:24 AM
HI there, I need a hand with some of the weird things my new jeep is up to. Like I had mentioned before, It is a 2001 Cherokee Sport, 4dr, 4.0L, auto. Factory everything and had an Installed remote start when I got it.

So the real problem is, When I start it, I squeals extremely loud, up around the belts, for about 30sec-1min, increasing with the RPM. Mostly when its cold, and in every gear.

Electrical problems are tough to diagnose. My 1998 has an issue (usually when it is cold out) where all the gauges go to zero. This includes RPM and speedometer. A quick press on the dash, makes it come back to life. This is a grounding problem on the cluster, or so I have read.

Who installed the remote starter? Professional or not so much? You may want to start there, looking at the installation, and perhaps temporary removing it to see if that solves some problems.

wolford
05-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Yeah guys, The Oil preasure is solved, and so is the rear wiper...
everything else is in the works, thaks for all of the excelent information....
and Mudderoy I belive it was a profesional install, but even they can be terrible sometimes.. so I agree I will check that out...

Now I plugged in my ODB Reader and It gave me a p0303 reading which is, misfire in cyl. 3.... I just deleted it and am waiting to see it again maybe???

saar
05-18-2011, 02:10 AM
hi,

How do you bypass the child safety lock (for the windows)?
In the switch itself?
Thanks,
Saar
(I have the same problem)

4.3LXJ
05-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Saar, you have to remove the switch and cut the wires and connect the together.