PDA

View Full Version : 3 Irish Brothers

BlueXJ
05-14-2011, 06:36 PM
It's late afternoon and an Irishman walks into a small local pub in a little Australian town.

He walks up to the bar and orders three beers at once, takes them back to a table and takes a sip out of the first one... then the second...then the third, and repeats this over and over until all three are finished and he goes home.

The next afternoon at about the same time, he enter the pub and orders 3 beers at the same time.
The bartender stops the Irishman and asks "Why do you get all 3 beers at the same time?, if i pour them out as you finish the first then they'll stay cold?".
All the other regulars at the bar thought the Irishmans habbit was very curious as well, so listened intently to his answer.
"Well when I lived in Ireland, me and me two brot'ers all used to go down to t' local pub in our home town and order a beer each in t' afternoon, but after a bit me eldest brot'er moved to America and I moved here, while me youngest bro'ter stayed where he was"
Everyone was very interested to hear what the deal was with the two beer so the pub stayed silent.
"So before we set off, we agreed to each go to t' local pub where we lived and buy three beers each and drink t'em all a sip at a time, to remember that we are all doing the same t'ing and we are still connected".
All thought this was a great way to to keep a connection among siblings and people readily accepted the Irishmans strange habit.
So for a couple of years, the same thing every afternoon until one day the Irishman walked in and ordered only two beers.
The pub fell silent and no one dared speak.
The barman poured the beers and watched the Irishman walk solemly to his seat and drink the two beers the way he usually drank the 3, until he left and went home without a word.

The very next afternoon the Irishman came in and ordered two beers and the pub again fell silent.
The situation had been playing on the barmans mind all the last nite, so he decided to try and console the Irishman.
"I very sorry for your loss, It must be teribble to lose one of your brothers when you seem so close".
No one spoke, and the Irishman stared at the Barman in confusion for a full 5 minutes, until...
He burst out laughing, fell over and continued to roll around on the floor laughing for another five minutes.
By now everyone thought the poor Irishman had gone mad with grief, but he stood up, calmed himself an said:
"Oh no, you've got it all wrong, me brot'ers are all fine and dandy, its me... I've quit drinking!"

4.3LXJ
05-14-2011, 07:16 PM
An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold on to one blade of grass and not fall off the edge of the earth :d

BlueXJ
05-17-2011, 03:46 PM
And a scotsman is not drunk as long as he still recognizes bagpipes as music and not the death throes of some poor beast.

4.3LXJ
05-17-2011, 04:04 PM
So what is the difference between a rich, poor and dead Scotsman?

A rich Scotsman has a canopy over his bed

A poor Scotsman has a can o' pee under his bed

A dead Scotsman can no' pee

steph74
05-17-2011, 04:18 PM
This story doeszn;t make sense.... no irish man will ever admit he stopped drinking.... fake....

4x4Dalton
05-17-2011, 06:05 PM
:rolleye0012: