PDA

View Full Version : border crossing ?

steph74
05-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I stress the illegally ;) and also believe that there has to be a right middle ;)

If you cross the North Korean border illegally you get 12 years of hard labor. (Unless Al Gore is your friend and boss...)

If you cross the Iranian border illegally you get detained indefinitely.

If you cross the Afghan border illegally you get shot.

If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally you get imprisoned immediately and cannot consult a lawyer.

If you cross the Chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again.

If you cross the Venezuelan border illegally you get branded as a spy and are rarely ever released.

If you cross the Cuban border illegally you get thrown into a political prison and are rarely released.

If you cross the U.S. border illegally you get:

A job
A driver's license
A Social Security card
Welfare
Federal Food Stamps
Credit Cards
Subsidized rent or a low-interest load to buy a house
Free public education
Free health care
An army of lobbyists in Washington D.C. to represent you
Billions of dollars worth of public and legal documents printed in your language
The right to carry your home country's flag while you publicly protest that you don't receive enough respect.

4.3LXJ
05-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Unfortunately, so true

hookedonxjs
05-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Sad commentary but the real irony is that mexico's border gaurds are instructed to shoot to kill anyone crossing their southern border! Also news here in california is that 74% of all leagal and illeagal aliens from mexico,elsalvador amd gautamala are on some sort of public assistance! The truth is the us population is shrinking because of abortions and single child families and without them and in the near future we will not be competive in the world market or be able to pay our debts.

oderdene
05-05-2011, 08:33 PM
how do I cross the U.S. border illegally? Do they give me a XJ?

steph74
05-06-2011, 09:38 AM
the truth is that any country while combating ILLEGAL immigration will recognize that immigrants are necessary in a way....

Being a legal immigrant in the US (or any other country for that matter) does not necessary makes you a citizen either. Actually it makes you feel like a "limbo" thing.... you have all the duty of a citizen, but less rights ;)
And you still retain your nationality and the right to carry and honor your country's flag. While I will not disrespect any Nation Symbol, don;t expect me to sing the American national anthem, or pledge allegiance to the flag ;)
US immigration... or rather USA-Immigrants relationship will be solved the day they stop using stupid denominations like African-American, Irish-American or whatever to distinguish its own people on a culture that they never knew in the first place.

End of rant ;)
I should have posted that in the political section lol

4.3LXJ
05-06-2011, 10:56 AM
I think there is some truth to that Steph, culture lines are becoming blurred.

BlueXJ
05-06-2011, 09:35 PM
So, is this a Joke or a political stand? If a political stand then it belongs elsewhere.

steph74
05-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Humour comes from exaggeration of real facts

it is a political stand for some and a joke for others.....
Just like every political speech can be and will be turned as a joke by the other side....

People that have the kind of mentality exposed in this joke make me laugh....

BlueXJ
05-07-2011, 11:37 AM
I live on the border and this is way too true, thus my political views get involved.

Jamie Lynn
05-08-2011, 08:55 AM
That is so true..and somewhat sad...but I'm still wondering why it is that way?...any ideas?