PDA

View Full Version : Welcome tank!!!

cantab27
05-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Hi tank, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Listen/watch to the Jeep Cherokee xjtalk.com show! Live on Wed. 8pm CT! Also available on iTunes!

tank
05-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi,
I'm tank. I have a Jeep problem.

I bought a '97 Country that I've been daily driving. I actually bought it for my daughter. She turns 15 this year. I plan on adding bumpers and rocksliders first but I'm torn between buying a welder and building them or ordering them. It has about 140K miles and after fixing a power steering leak is pretty much mint.

I also have another square headlight Jeep, a '93 YJ. I've had it for about 10 years. It's SOA on 35's. It's built but street legal and has about 180k on the odometer.

I wheel with a local club called CypressOffroad. We meet pretty regular on Tuesday's in Cypress, TX (NW Houston)

I saw an XJtalk sticker on an XJ at work and I thought I would check it out.

oderdene
05-04-2011, 07:01 PM
welcome to xjtalk, we all have a jeep problem (reason - jeep bee & problem - jeepaholic) and xjtalk is our home :D

xj4life2
05-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Hey Tank , glad to have ya here !! I've seen a few of the Jeeps in your group and there are some very capable rigs there. I especially remember a XJ that had a light bar on top , he posted up some very cool pics. Anyway let us know what we can do to help ya !!

vwfoolwhy
05-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Welcome from Haverhill, Mass.

hookedonxjs
05-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Hey tank welcome to xjtalk before you buy a welder check out detours they are the bumpers on mudderoy's RED XJ I think are one of the best lookin out there and way cheaper than catalouge stores.

Firemanray
05-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi tank, welcome to xjtalk.

4.3LXJ
05-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Welcome Tank

If you only have one project, such as sliders then just buy them. You won't really save anything until you do the second project.

bigjim350
05-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Welcome to the site. Didn't think COR did anything any more. Have you been out to creekside in splendora?

1ATony
05-05-2011, 03:05 PM
welcome to the site

tank
05-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks for all your welcomes. :)

Have you been out to creekside in splendora?

I haven't been to Splendora. I was wondering if it's worth it. Got any pics?

Didn't think COR did anything any more.

A group just got back from Clayton on May 1st and before that we had a pretty good showing at the Texas Spur Jeep Jambo at the end of March. We had about 60 rigs at our Fall Run last October at Hidden Falls. I believe there is a beach trip to Matagorda mid-month and a Hot Springs Arkansas trip at the end of the month.

We're a wheeling club so there is pretty much always something going on. Also, we meet in Cypress pretty much every Tuesday. So yeah, I'd say we were doing stuff still. :)

After browsing your board, I see a lot of familiar rigs. Mudderoy is the rig I saw at work.

My XJ
http://www.millertek.com/temp/97XJ.jpg
My YJ
http://www.millertek.com/temp/93YJ_sm.jpg

tank
05-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Welcome from Haverhill, Mass.
Small world...I have family in Lowell.

KH96XJ
05-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Welcome