PDA

View Full Version : RC 4.5 control arms

Metlic53
04-14-2011, 01:02 PM
The front control arms on my 90 laredos bushings are completely gone. the axle death wobbles when hitting bumps and moves when the brakes are applied.
I called RC and they said they don't sell bushings for them, i would have to buy their new X-flex control arms. I'm not willing to buy new control arms when all mine need are bushings. Does anyone out there sell bushings for the older RC control arms? they've only been on there for a little over a year. I've looked around but have had no luck thus far.

hookedonxjs
04-14-2011, 01:40 PM
That blows man. They are in the middle of resrtucturing the company that could be the situation. I would be pissed off though:pee::mad0090:, what good are they if you can't get parts!

rguignard
04-14-2011, 01:46 PM
That blows man. They are in the middle of resrtucturing the company that could be the situation. I would be pissed off though:pee::mad0090:, what good are they if you can't get parts!

its Rubicon Express (RE) thats having the restructuring not Rough Country (RC) and i think he got the jeep with them on it he didnt buy them because i know there good about taking care of the buyer i got my lift from them and i have NEVER had 1 problem getting anything warranted from them! 3 shocks and both lca and never a question about what when or how they got messed up .

LizardRunner
04-14-2011, 01:53 PM
if you can measure the ones you have now, you could try these folks for replacements.
http://www.nolathane.com.au/catsize_bush.php

hookedonxjs
04-14-2011, 02:08 PM
its Rubicon Express (RE) thats having the restructuring not Rough Country (RC) and i think he got the jeep with them on it he didnt buy them because i know there good about taking care of the buyer i got my lift from them and i have NEVER had 1 problem getting anything warranted from them! 3 shocks and both lca and never a question about what when or how they got messed up .
Ok i'm a retard wasn't paying close attention. But those guys are still in biz which makes it suck even more. :headbag: Isn't rough country part of omix-ada?

Metlic53
04-14-2011, 02:28 PM

yes you are right, i bought them with the jeep on there. If their going to warranty them for customers that have bought their lift from them then why not sell me some? i didnt call up there asking them to warranty the bushings, i asked them if i could buy some and they said they don't sale or warranty replacements for those arms to anyone...just quoting what i was told.

hookedonxjs
04-14-2011, 02:32 PM
metlic let me know if you need help. I get results and I'll make them wish they never sold them arms. Let them know your a member of several forums!

xj4life2
04-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Ok first question are the bushings one piece or two piece with a sleeve? The two piece are still available ,the one piece are not, however get me the dimensions of the bushing and I will find one that works If it is the one piece and it can be replaced with a two piece and sleeve, just not from RC. Last option and the most extream cut the ends off and go to heim joints.

xj4life2
04-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Ok i'm a retard wasn't paying close attention. But those guys are still in biz which makes it suck even more. :headbag: Isn't rough country part of omix-ada?

Not even close, they are there own company, Rugged Ridge is part of that group however

Mudderoy
04-14-2011, 02:56 PM
The front control arms on my 90 laredos bushings are completely gone. the axle death wobbles when hitting bumps and moves when the brakes are applied.
I called RC and they said they don't sell bushings for them, i would have to buy their new X-flex control arms. I'm not willing to buy new control arms when all mine need are bushings. Does anyone out there sell bushings for the older RC control arms? they've only been on there for a little over a year. I've looked around but have had no luck thus far.

Oh you're talking about the upper control arm bushings on the Dana 30, aren't you? I just bought a set of Moog from the local Autoparts for $20(?)

Yeah Rough Country doesn't sell those.

rguignard
04-14-2011, 03:01 PM
yes you are right, i bought them with the jeep on there. If their going to warranty them for customers that have bought their lift from them then why not sell me some? i didnt call up there asking them to warranty the bushings, i asked them if i could buy some and they said they don't sale or warranty replacements for those arms to anyone...just quoting what i was told.

my arms were a year old and they dont make them any more thats why they sent me new arms

rguignard
04-14-2011, 03:08 PM
metlic let me know if you need help. I get results and I'll make them wish they never sold them arms. Let them know your a member of several forums!

look RC is a great company please dont start making threats on here about them. theres lots of use on here that do buy from them and all of us have had great service from them and if they dont make something any longer they cant get the parts to fix it.

Metlic53
04-14-2011, 03:13 PM
ohhh i see, i've called a few times and i get different answers each time, one time they said they don't carry the two piece or the metal sleeved ones, then i call again and they carry the two piece but not the metal sleeve. I have the metal sleeved ones which they don't carry. I'm not mad at rough country, their a great company, im just trying to resolve a problem.

Metlic53
04-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Oh you're talking about the upper control arm bushings on the Dana 30, aren't you? I just bought a set of Moog from the local Autoparts for $20(?)

Yeah Rough Country doesn't sell those.

no im talking about the LCA's on the axle and frame end.

msmoorenburg
04-14-2011, 03:16 PM
If ya can wait till my long arms show up i can hook you up with my old arms, i also have some stockers too

rguignard
ohhh i see, i've called a few times and i get different answers each time, one time they said they don't carry the two piece or the metal sleeved ones, then i call again and they carry the two piece but not the metal sleeve. I have the metal sleeved ones which they don't carry. I'm not mad at rough country, their a great company, im just trying to resolve a problem.

i would call the this place http://www.nolathane.com.au/catsize_bush.php that liz posted about i bet they can get you fixed up

LizardRunner
I understand what's going on with your situation. That's why I posted that site I found that makes bushings. If you can measure your old ones, they most likely make a replacement and they would be in a really good urethane.

Metlic53
04-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Ok first question are the bushings one piece or two piece with a sleeve? The two piece are still available ,the one piece are not, however get me the dimensions of the bushing and I will find one that works If it is the one piece and it can be replaced with a two piece and sleeve, just not from RC. Last option and the most extream cut the ends off and go to heim joints.

it is the 1 piece. do you need dimensions of the control arm end too or just the bushing itself, the bushing i think it going to crumble when i pull it out...

Metlic53
04-14-2011, 03:23 PM
If ya can wait till my long arms show up i can hook you up with my old arms, i also have some stockers too

that sounds cool. what arms are they?

msmoorenburg
04-14-2011, 03:25 PM
rc if i remember right

Metlic53
04-14-2011, 03:37 PM
i would call the this place http://www.nolathane.com.au/catsize_bush.php that liz posted about i bet they can get you fixed up

yeah which phone number do i call, their all in other countries.

rguignard
04-14-2011, 04:36 PM
yeah which phone number do i call, their all in other countries.

lol hell idk hey liz wtf lol

xj4life2
04-14-2011, 05:12 PM
it is the 1 piece. do you need dimensions of the control arm end too or just the bushing itself, the bushing i think it going to crumble when i pull it out...

If you can give the inside dimention, total length and bolt size we can do this also does it have a shoulder or not

Metlic53
04-15-2011, 08:22 PM
If you can give the inside dimention, total length and bolt size we can do this also does it have a shoulder or not

what is a shoulder?

XJ4IV
04-16-2011, 11:48 PM
offroad unlimited over hear in west houston has em... I think 25 for a pair... its a three piece EASY to install setup.... also Check with ironman andy on this forum... he can probably sell you some!

Metlic53
04-17-2011, 07:06 AM
offroad unlimited over hear in west houston has em... I think 25 for a pair... its a three piece EASY to install setup.... also Check with ironman andy on this forum... he can probably sell you some!

alright, i didn't think to ask Andy, i'll ask him real quick. Thanks

LizardRunner
04-18-2011, 09:28 PM
oops wrong place, http://www.prothane.com/where_to_buy.php?PHPSESSID=6750379da2ffa8cf3e32942 a78a9b7af. Just incase you can't get em from one of our wonderful vendors. I have no doubt they can hook you up.