PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Panel

Natebub
03-26-2011, 06:11 AM
Hey people. My instrument panel in my dash on my 92 XJ just has the basic warning lights. I was wondering if anyone had a panel like this. I want to find another panel with the actual gauges. Has anyone ever swapped theirs? Does anything else have to be changed so the gauges work? thanks people

steph74
03-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Hey Nathan,
I already had the instrument panel with the gauges, but swaping the so called "idiot lights" to a gauge panel is relatively common.

Here is a starting point for you http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Interior/Instrument_Cluster.htm

I trust our fellow members of XJTalk to chime in and give you more pointers and tips.

4.3LXJ
03-26-2011, 01:21 PM
The two panels are interchangeable. You already have all the wiring you need. You will however need to change the oil sending unit and the coolant temp sending unit on the back of the head.

uberxj92
03-28-2011, 08:47 PM
i have made this swap on a 1990 , 1993 &, 1992 models. the gauges worked with the sending units that were there. the only issue i ran into was the speedometer. some are cables, some are electric. once you figure out what you have then you are good to go.

i also, installed a second set of gauges as a back up. its also a good idea to put in a tranny temp gauge.