PDA

View Full Version : HID conversion lenses needed...

Switch_knuckles
03-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Hey folks, I need to upgrade my headlights. I am going with HID headlights. But I need the conversion lenses. I searched and found more info than I could handle. I am hoping some of you can simplify it for me. Any lense suggestions? I found these on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400200495818&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

sfedek
03-10-2011, 05:43 PM
I have 6000k 55W H4 Hi/Lo HID's in my XJ here in OZ & they are AWSOME!
I have clear lens 7x6 headlights & i have put the HID kit in them. Got it on ebay. I got the plug & play kit. What that means is that you just take out your headlights, put the bulbs into the new unit, plug into the old wiring loom, connect to the battery a power leed, connect the wires & there you have it. DAYLIGHT at night.
I am looking at getting some projector 7x6 units next to give me that flat line look.
Eddy

JG-Man
03-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I think we are wondering, which kits are good and which are bad. The price varies by about $100 bucks and some are glass and some are "unbreakable" plastic lenses.
Does any body have a brand recommendation -- or ones to stay away from?

Mudderoy
03-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Personally after reading about how our eyes seen yellow better than blue, I'm going to a higher wattage and better quality standard light. The white and blue one's look cool, but I want to be able to see better not worse in bad weather like fog and rain.

4.3LXJ
03-11-2011, 08:16 PM
If you get housings, I can tell you from talking to the local shops that you should not get plastic housing. If you have HIDs on very long it can melt the housings. So you should get glass housings. Second, get E code housings. These will give more of a flat line look and not blind others coming at you. The only brand I know of for sure is Hella that has both of these characteristics.

Switch_knuckles
03-11-2011, 11:11 PM
I tried to navigate the Hella site but I can't find anything. Anyone help?

4.3LXJ
03-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Go to http://www.myhellalights.com/index.php/default/upgrade-kits-and-accessories/

Download pdf product brochure and go to section 1 page 27