PDA

View Full Version : Floor pan fix?

easttxhunter
03-07-2011, 12:36 PM
So after pulling the carpet out of the Banana last night, I discovered three cancer holes on the passenger side. the biggest spot is about the size of a dollar bill. My plan is to cut them out to good metal, then apply roofing tar onto sheet metal and rivet the pieces in. Would you guys go about it this way or another direction? im also going to install a plug into each foot area so that i can drain quickly in the future. Then rinoline the hole thing after i am done.

Weldmen
03-07-2011, 12:58 PM
That will work as long as the holes aren't along the main rails. Other wise I would weld them in. I have to do mine to. :sad0147:

MaxxTraxx
03-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Grind away all the paint/primer/undercoating to find the extent of the rust, then trim the holes so they are square or round, then make a patch panel and weld it in...cover the whole repair in bed liner.

Switch_knuckles
03-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Sorry not trying to thread jack but I need to do the same thing to The Nasty. i noticed a hole on the passenger side the other night while I was lookin at my exhaust.

LizardRunner
03-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Grind away all the paint/primer/undercoating to find the extent of the rust, then trim the holes so they are square or round, then make a patch panel and weld it in...cover the whole repair in bed liner.

This is the correct way to fix rust problems. Rivets might work but they will eventually get loose from flex in the floor pan. I would also use a good etch and then a good primer before I did the bed liner, get all the protection you can. The drain plugs are a great idea!