PDA

View Full Version : 01 Xj Fuel Pump Check Valve Question

cmk4425
02-26-2011, 06:00 PM
I dropped the tank and removed the fuel pump. Both strainers are filthy and the inside of the tank is also dirty. Anyway I was messing around with the lovely all-in-one fuel filter/regulator/check valve and I noticed that if I squirt degreaser in the output that it freely flows out of the input. Am I wrong but shouldn't the check valve if working properly stop anything from flowing this way?

bigjim350
02-26-2011, 06:11 PM
to me it seems as though the check valve would stop fluid from coming the other way, could be wrong though

cmk4425
02-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Thats what I think also. Once I get a new one I am going to cut the old one open to see whats inside:thumbsup:

LizardRunner
03-02-2011, 10:14 AM
the check valve is to keep pressure in the fuel line to the rail, so it would allow fluids to flow up stream but not down stream. I think it is also spring loaded so that pressure has to be present for it to work, I may be wrong on that, but most of them I've seen are.

cmk4425
03-03-2011, 09:26 AM
That makes sense. I am replacing it anyway. I will let you know once I cut it open.
the check valve is to keep pressure in the fuel line to the rail, so it would allow fluids to flow up stream but not down stream. I think it is also spring loaded so that pressure has to be present for it to work, I may be wrong on that, but most of them I've seen are.