PDA

View Full Version : Arb air lockers and an AC system converted to OBA system

Switch_knuckles
02-25-2011, 04:14 PM
I was looking at ARB lockers and I noticed that they come with a small compressor and tank.

I was also lookin into converting my ac into an onboard air system, since I never use ac anyway.

Now my question is can I use the tank I from the OBA system to work the lockers?

4.3LXJ
02-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Yes you can. If you are going to have an OBA system, you need a tank anyway to keep from short cycling the compressor. Depending on the way you set up your system, you also may need a regulator. For instance, my system runs at 150 psi. The air lockers are supposed to run at 95 - 105 psi. So I have a regulator just for the air lockers. You can plumb the line to the tank anyway you want, as long as the air lockers feed off the system in some way. For instance my tank is in the back, but the manifold that contains the pressure switch and regulator is by the starter relay.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/IMG_0074.jpg

easttxhunter
02-25-2011, 11:21 PM
Yes you can. If you are going to have an OBA system, you need a tank anyway to keep from short cycling the compressor. Depending on the way you set up your system, you also may need a regulator. For instance, my system runs at 150 psi. The air lockers are supposed to run at 95 - 105 psi. So I have a regulator just for the air lockers. You can plumb the line to the tank anyway you want, as long as the air lockers feed off the system in some way. For instance my tank is in the back, but the manifold that contains the pressure switch and regulator is by the starter relay.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/IMG_0074.jpg

Nice. Have u done a write on this?

4.3LXJ
02-26-2011, 03:08 PM
No, I haven't because I did this before I joined any forums. I just took a few pics just for me. But basically, it has everything a large compressor has. Check valve, oil/moisture extractor, pop off valve, pressure valve, regulator and one other thing, an oil return to the crank case system I designed.