PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Case linkage plate?????

Wolfies95XJ
02-15-2011, 11:39 AM
So I have this on BOTH of my cherokees. MY cherokee and my parts cherokee. Theres a freaking plate that the linkage connects too. AND IT COVERS 2 of the nuts I need to remove to well.. Get the transfer case off. So is there a replacement I can use? Or idk mod it?

PolarXJ
02-15-2011, 03:58 PM
There should be a hole in the plate that allows you to get to the bolt. I've found that a stubby ratcheting wrench makes life alot more bearable in the swapping/removal of the tcase. 14mm if I remember correctly. It the past, I've had to raise and lower the tranny/tcase with jack to beable to get a single turn on a couple of the nuts. Be patient. :D

Wolfies95XJ
02-15-2011, 05:37 PM
There should be a hole in the plate that allows you to get to the bolt. I've found that a stubby ratcheting wrench makes life alot more bearable in the swapping/removal of the tcase. 14mm if I remember correctly. It the past, I've had to raise and lower the tranny/tcase with jack to beable to get a single turn on a couple of the nuts. Be patient. :D

I've used a 9/16ths... Any way theres TWO nuts that are covered. I can get the lower one. But the upper ones a PAIN IN THE arse... I got a air ratchet up there and it didnt even move!!! Im not having any luck with this removeal...:headshake: :smiley-scared002: If I dont get this finished ima have to pay to get some one else to finish it... :thumbdown::sad0147:

XJ4IV
02-15-2011, 05:53 PM
WHAT are you trying to do? are you replacing the transfer case?... unless your doin that theres NO NEED WHATSOEVER to take the whole thing out... I used to do this exact same stup thing and it was ALWAYS a pita then I found that its easier to just take the transfer case apart ... TRUST me it might TAKE a little longer but its WAY less work!

Wolfies95XJ
02-16-2011, 04:27 PM
WHAT are you trying to do? are you replacing the transfer case?... unless your doin that theres NO NEED WHATSOEVER to take the whole thing out... I used to do this exact same stup thing and it was ALWAYS a pita then I found that its easier to just take the transfer case apart ... TRUST me it might TAKE a little longer but its WAY less work!

I have to replace it because When I took off my drive shaft to replace it (the drive shaft) stuff started leaking and falling out and then a mechanic looked at it and said the PO more or less beat the crap out of it and it needed replacing. I have to put a new on too and I really dont wanna take it apart then put it back together but thanks for the advise.

So is there a way I can mod it so I dont have to deal with the plate as much if I ever do this again... And dont have time to take the whole t-case apart?