PDA

View Full Version : Death Wobble

Outlaw
02-14-2011, 09:24 PM
I had a bad Draglink (bent) replaced it, and the DW went away. I drove out to BrianXJ's place and it rode fine (about 150 miles round trip) Then This morning I got in it to drive to work and I got about a mile and it started up again in rush hour!! Anyway If you have any thoughts or what to look for so I can start a list that would be awesome! Trying to get the fam out to Gulches this coming weekend for some camping and wheeling. Thanks!!:thumbsup:

4.3LXJ
02-14-2011, 09:27 PM
The first thing on the check list is to make sure everything is tight. Get someone to turn the steering wheel back and forth while the engine is running. Make sure that once the drag starts to move, the wheels do and nothing else. Check your upper and lower link bushings and make sure your steering box is adjusted tight. Then get a wheel alignment and you will have it.

bigjim350
02-14-2011, 09:28 PM
The first thing I would do, is to get somebody to turn the steering wheel back and forth, while your under the Jeep looking for anything loose in the steering. Pay particular attention to all the tie rod ends and the track bar.

bigjim350
02-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Oh and here is a good read that might help:
http://kevinsoffroad.com/death-wobble-cures/how-to-fix-your-own-death-wobble/