PDA

View Full Version : removing the radiator

whocares8310
02-11-2011, 02:58 PM
hey im having trouble removing the transmission lines running to my radiator

any tips on how to get it done.

i tried to unscrew the top one with an adjustable wrench but i think im doing it wrong

a very small bolt is moving but its not coming out,

as for the bottom i have no idea what to do about the quick disconnect

Mudderoy
02-11-2011, 03:07 PM
hey im having trouble removing the transmission lines running to my radiator

any tips on how to get it done.

i tried to unscrew the top one with an adjustable wrench but i think im doing it wrong

a very small bolt is moving but its not coming out,

as for the bottom i have no idea what to do about the quick disconnect

Auto parts sells a kit with different size plastic disconnects. You might consider cutting it off and just using a hose clamp. Makes taking the radiator out much faster in the future. I hate those quick disconnects, because they NEVER are! I'm probably just not experienced enough or I don't have the right tools.

Mine look like these;

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/247528129/A_C_and_Fuel_Line_Quick_Disconnect_Set.jpg

whocares8310
02-11-2011, 03:09 PM
that takes care of the bottom one but the top one is all metal and has no quick disconnect

Mudderoy
02-11-2011, 03:09 PM
that takes care of the bottom one but the top one is all metal and has no quick disconnect

I just unscrewed mine. You just just under the radiator cap...

whocares8310
02-11-2011, 03:15 PM
ok so for the thingy underneathe the radiator cap do i unscrew it from the really thin bolt directly adjacent to the radiator or the bigger bolt on the end of the metal line/?

Mudderoy
02-11-2011, 03:17 PM
ok so for the thingy underneathe the radiator cap do i unscrew it from the really thin bolt directly adjacent to the radiator or the bigger bolt on the end of the metal line/?

You better post a picture, cause I don't know what you are talking about. There is a large brass nut that the line goes into. That large brass nut spins why the metal line stays still.

whocares8310
02-11-2011, 03:19 PM
ok cool i think mines just seized up then

cantab27
02-11-2011, 03:20 PM
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoRadiatorFitting.htm

whocares8310
02-11-2011, 04:20 PM
GOT IT ALL TAKEN CARE OF THANKS GUYS. upper bolt was seized. some heavy pliering and some pb blaster got that off. i just cut the bottom line