PDA

View Full Version : Parts list for a 4.3l swap

White hawk
02-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Ok hopefully I will be doing a 91 chevy s10 blazer 4.3l swap this winter. So right now I am making a list of all the parts I need. Here is the list.
Novak adaptors
Motor mount #mmw-wc1
Radiator #k-xj11h
Tranny mount #rmu
Ax15 to chevy bell housing adaptor #gmax15
Cable shifter assembly #sk2xc
Hydraulic clutch retrofit slave cylinder #hcrc-34
Clutch line #hcr8

Painless wiring
Gm fuel injection wire harness #60201
Gm keyed universal truck harness 18 circuit #10203
Emission harness #60311

Auto meter
Sport comp fuel level #3320
Sport comp oil pressure #3310
Sport comp voltmeter #3391
Sport comp water temp #3331
Sport comp speedometer #3992
Sport comp tach #3991

Ax15 from the junk yard
Np231 from the junk yard
need to find a vss
The radiator will have an fittings on it.
Just gotta find a water pump with an fittings

Does anybody know if I am missing something?

Thanks for looking.

Outlaw
02-10-2011, 12:10 PM
4.3LXJ would be the perfect person to talk to about this :D Same swap he did:thumbsup:
Would be a great write up!

4.3LXJ
02-10-2011, 01:00 PM
That will be a good start. What are you going to do for clutch linkage? Check with Painless. I think the VSS itself came from them, the stock GM. Make sure your stuff has a separate VSS and cable drive for the speedometer. You will need both or you will have to change out the cluster too I think. You will need a 94 ECM with VSS box on it. It will bolt and the wiring barely reach the stock position for the ECM under the dash, at least on the CA model like mine is. I assume the AN fittings are for the heater hoses? Pipe to AN adapters are available from Summit Racing. You will also need a 87-95 gas tank and sending unit with fuel pump. The stock Jeep pump has sufficient pressure. You will need to drill and tap the manifold for the analogue temp gage sending unit as well as plumb in the analogue oil pressure sending unit.

Here is my build

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4716&highlight=build

White hawk
02-10-2011, 01:03 PM
I will be doing a step by step write up when I start it. Hopefully I can get it done in a weak that's what I have for winter break from school.

4.3LXJ
02-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Good luck with that time schedule

White hawk
02-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Well actually 4.3lxj on the clust is gonna be all custom. I am getting rid of all the renix system. All the gauges are gonna be manual and the only sensors on it will be for the 4.3l pcm. Ok I see the painless vss #60115. Didn't even see it until you said something.

4.3LXJ
02-10-2011, 02:08 PM
You still have to account for sending units unless you run the S10 cluster. It is just something you have to do for an XJ in the analogue world when you introduce it to the digital world

Have you thought about a 3.4L out of a Camaro instead. Almost a virtual bolt in and could be done in a week. 160 Hp on some of them

White hawk
02-10-2011, 02:17 PM
I already paid for the 4.3l. And I am confused now. If I run the sensors just for the 4.3l and use all aftermarket gauges. I thought I wouldn't need a gauge cluster of the xj or the 4.3l. Hmm

White hawk
02-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Hey 4.3lxj what gas tank is that out of a 4.ol? Oh and the gauge cluster out of the chevy is analog also.

4.3LXJ
02-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Yes, the 4.0 gas tank My gages on the 93 S10 engine ran off the ECM

White hawk
02-10-2011, 03:28 PM
I don't know if I van post links to another club or not. If it is against the rules please delete this. 4.3lxj this is what I was talking about.

www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1027402

bluedragon436
02-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Can't wait to see this project continue... I though about doing the 4.3L Vortec swap when I first got my XJ... but I think I will just stick with building up a budget stroker.. one day, that is!!

Geo Fry
02-10-2011, 05:15 PM
yea I saw that gauge cluster on naxja a little while ago. Totally awesome. Makes me wanna do that. Although I think it would be bada$$ to do a full custom dash. Some day...

4.3LXJ
02-10-2011, 06:02 PM
I don't know if I van post links to another club or not. If it is against the rules please delete this. 4.3lxj this is what I was talking about.

www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1027402

It's OK to post a NAXJA link here. It is done all the time. You need to realize, if you do use custom gages, there are two types. Electrical and mechanical for coolant temp and oil pressure. Either one will require tapping into the coolant and oil galleys. It isn't hard to do, but you have to do it either way. If you read closely on that NAXJA thread, he was trying to get the Chevy ECM to run the Jeep dash and it wasn't working. Here is the pics of what I did. It isn't hard.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/IMG_0139.jpg

Oil pressure sensors

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/IMG_0138.jpg

Jeep temp sensor in exact same position as the 2.8L

White hawk
02-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Well the gauges that are on the list are all mechanicall. I just don't trust elecrical. That's why I am gonna do the manual gauges. Thanks for all the info though 4.3lxj. Much appreciated. I am gonna start a build thread. It is gonna be slow going.

Geo Fry
02-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Well the gauges that are on the list are all mechanicall. I just don't trust elecrical. That's why I am gonna do the manual gauges. Thanks for all the info though 4.3lxj. Much appreciated. I am gonna start a build thread. It is gonna be slow going.

Slow going? I thought you said done in a week? lol Either way, I'll be watching :popcorn:

White hawk
02-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Yeah yeah. The swap will be pushed down to a week the overall build will be slow. LOL.

4.3LXJ
02-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Yeah yeah. The swap will be pushed down to a week the overall build will be slow. LOL.

There is one more thing I think you will need. A lift. AA advises a lift and they are right. I have the motor as high as I can and a 4.5" lift is needed to clear the front driveline. Be sure to get one with adjustable links so you can increase your castor and help that situation. Also you will need to make sure you have the remote oil filter adapter for it. The S10s had them, don't know about others. They always need new O rings. This if you look at my build I modified so I have an external cooler, and external filter. But you will have to figure out what you will do with it since you don't want a front drive line in your filter. Also you will need a Chevy throttle cable and adapt it to the jeep firewall and pedal.

White hawk
02-10-2011, 10:18 PM
There is one more thing I think you will need. A lift. AA advises a lift and they are right. I have the motor as high as I can and a 4.5" lift is needed to clear the front driveline. Be sure to get one with adjustable links so you can increase your castor and help that situation. Also you will need to make sure you have the remote oil filter adapter for it. The S10s had them, don't know about others. They always need new O rings. This if you look at my build I modified so I have an external cooler, and external filter. But you will have to figure out what you will do with it since you don't want a front drive line in your filter. Also you will need a Chevy throttle cable and adapt it to the jeep firewall and pedal.

Oh yeah forgot about the lift kit. Didn't know about the cable. The motor is still in the vehicle. My wifes uncle picked it up for parts and I told him I want the complete motor all the pumps, brackets, ac, ecm, and the oil filter system so its basically a complete donor rig.

modestmar00xj
02-11-2011, 09:19 AM
yeah this is going to be a good build! seems a little intence for me! lol.