PDA

View Full Version : Using Google to search Craigslist

bigjim350
02-07-2011, 12:10 AM
I may have posted this before but not sure. Me as well as many of you search craigslist looking for parts for your rig, even out of state cause your willing to pay for shipping. Well somebody showed me this little trick to search all of craigslist at once. so here goes. Im going to use XJ as an example. You would need to go to www.google.com. Once you see the search box you would type in: xj site:craigslist.org and hit enter and you should see something like this.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/bigjim350/cllca-1.png
So if your looking for something else you just type what ever it is and then site:craigslist.org. It also works for other sites too when you looking for a certain thing on a website. Hope this helps hunt down some parts for you.

msmoorenburg
02-07-2011, 06:29 AM
IE and no antivirus, Jim is living on the wild side :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

LizardRunner
02-07-2011, 08:46 AM
that is cool Jim, thanks much for that. I'll get my wife right on some searches for me. I don't do much craig list searching since she loves to look for stuff and is willing to do it.

Mudderoy
02-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Yeah an Internet Explorer exploit is what got my system recently. Caused the Wednesday night show to be missed. I removed and then reinstalled Internet Explorer. Then yesterday afternoon that fake anti-virus software screen came up in IE.

I closed IE and restarted it, no issue, but I know there is something dormant lurking on my system now. Anyway I run two different browsers so I can be logged in as two different people on Google, twitter, facebook, etc... Me and xjtalk. So I needed another browswer. I checked since I'm already using Firefox the only other real alternative are Safari and Chrome. Chrome reminds me of Anna Nicole Smith, so I download that one.

We'll see if this gives me any more protection.

Jim get Microsoft Essentials, or AVG from grisoft. Both free and you have to have SOMETHING to protect your system.

bluedragon436
02-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Jim showed me this a while back... and it has come in handy a few times... Thanks for posting it... as I forget what exactly to type from time to time..

TeXJ
02-11-2011, 09:42 AM
and dont for get malewarebytes as a good program for getting stuff off of your system that those others cant find.