PDA

View Full Version : Why so much hate?

Cherokee 91
02-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Why is there so much hate about CF. It looks like alot of ppl are just coming from here to try to get banned from there as(HAHA I GOT BANNED FROM CF) I am cool kinda thing. What are the different things the 2 site do defferent besides the Cat and no Cat discussion? When I started I asked some stupid ?'s and didn't get flamed for them but I also searched. I will use this forum also because you can never have enough info. So whats the difference between the 2?

msmoorenburg
02-04-2011, 08:52 AM
I have no hate for cf (never did) I posted some constructive criticism and got banned for life.

rguignard
02-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Why is there so much hate about CF. It looks like alot of ppl are just coming from here to try to get banned from there as(HAHA I GOT BANNED FROM CF) I am cool kinda thing. What are the different things the 2 site do defferent besides the Cat and no Cat discussion? When I started I asked some stupid ?'s and didn't get flamed for them but I also searched. I will use this forum also because you can never have enough info. So whats the difference between the 2?

well to me its no one on here will ever tell you to (use the search button) and if we see some one being a di*k we'll remove the post and let them know thats not ok on here. theres a post on here that muddy put up asking what kind os site do we want this to become http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6050 and this is what we want to do :thumbsup: so please have fun looking around

steph74
02-04-2011, 09:31 AM
It is not very difficult to figure out what are the differences.... just do a little search ?

ooops no I am just kidding.

These are both great sites when you need info. CF IMHO has more members and history so you will find already discussed problems there. XJtalk is Really friendly and as stated you can ask the same question over and over and there always be someone to answer you....

I have used both, I came on this one by accident I would say, just wanting to check pictures posted by a fellow CF member. Then I registered since it was free... then I realized there was a welcome message from the staff to each new member whether they stay or just post one time and I thought it was cool... so I kept coming back and discovered a new group of friends.... and now I am mainly on this site and even decided to subscribe.

I have no hate for CF on the contrary.... but you have to understand one thing.... because of the tight relationship between most of the active members, the really insignificant events at CF (banning) snowballed... that is what friends do to each others to show support (good or bad ? I am not judging there.... actually i am judging and because they are friends I know they will forgive me if I say I find the recent event funny but childish)

Cherokee91, the best answer for you is probably to hang out a bit, and you will find a real community (trust me this community is better than what you think). The most experienced ones will give you good advice, the newbie (like me) will ask stupid questions, we share pictures, we joke about everything, we apologize when we hurt someone feelings and overall, we are free to discuss everything under the lose control of the mods....

When I joined CF I was just another newbie, and it is somewhat difficult to integrate in the forum.... here i felt welcomed as a fellow jeeper.

So yes there is a difference in philosophy (and it is not only a story of pussy) and that difference is essential for the good of everybody. You know that there are a lot of jeep forums out there... each have a different philosophy just pick the one you like the best to hang out and share, stay cool with the others to complement your search of info....

Anyway I hope you will stay enough to discover what great site XJtalk can be and share your experience with all of us.

Firemanray
02-04-2011, 09:44 AM
It is not very difficult to figure out what are the differences.... just do a little search ?

These are both great sites when you need info. CF IMHO has more members and history so you will find already discussed problems there. XJtalk is Really friendly and as stated you can ask the same question over and over and there always be someone to answer you....

I have used both, I came on this one by accident I would say, just wanting to check pictures posted by a fellow CF member. Then I registered since it was free... then I realized there was a welcome message from the staff to each new member whether they stay or just post one time and I thought it was cool... so I kept coming back and discovered a new group of friends.... and now I am mainly on this site and even decided to subscribe.

I have no hate for CF on the contrary.... but you have to understand one thing.... because of the tight relationship between most of the active members, the really insignificant events at CF (banning) snowballed... that is what friends do to each others to show support (good or bad ? I am not judging there.... actually i am judging and because they are friends I know they will forgive me if I say I find the recent event funny but childish)

Cherokee91, the best answer for you is probably to hang out a bit, and you will find a real community (trust me this community is better than what you think). The most experienced ones will give you good advice, the newbie (like me) will ask stupid questions, we share pictures, we joke about everything, we apologize when we hurt someone feelings and overall, we are free to discuss everything under the lose control of the mods....

When I joined CF I was just another newbie, and it is somewhat difficult to integrate in the forum.... here i felt welcomed as a fellow jeeper.

So yes there is a difference in philosophy (and it is not only a story of pussy) and that difference is essential for the good of everybody. You know that there are a lot of jeep forums out there... each have a different philosophy just pick the one you like the best to hang out and share, stay cool with the others to complement your search of info....

Anyway I hope you will stay enough to discover what great site XJtalk can be and share your experience with all of us.

Bravo!!!! Well stated! Saved me some typing.:D:thumbsup:

Cherokee 91
02-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks, I will hang out. I have no problem with any forum. I just want info and hook up with fellow jeepers and shoot the shit.

steph74
02-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks, I will hang out. I have no problem with any forum. I just want info and hook up with fellow jeepers and shoot the shit.

that is good new.... and by the way watch your language (profanity check)

And I definitely invite you to join on the next podcast / ustream show (and listen to the previous ones) you will get a good look at what we are talking about.... perfect mix between good info, plain silliness and a lot of friendship
Chat is great for that

4.3LXJ
02-04-2011, 11:42 AM
There is another difference between the forums, and probably accounts for different policies concerning banning. Many of the members on CF, if not most are much younger than here. And hence, the maturity level is different. Also, I have been flamed by some young idiot who I guarantee you would never do it in person face to face on CF. Our policy here is to treat everyone with respect no matter which level of experience is involved. It is sort of the golden rule of wheeling if you please. Treat others the way you want to be treated. That is the key difference between the two forums. The incident mentioned was banning at its worst. Here there would be discussion between all parties involved, moderators and whoever involved. Banning is not a light thing here.

Mudderoy
02-04-2011, 11:49 AM

Well I think there is a big disagreement between several of the xjtalk staff members and the policies over at CherokeeForum. I don't think and speaking for myself I don't hate that forum or anyone over there. I'm not too happy with one of the CF staff members that came here and tried to tell me how disappointed HE would be with his staff if they acted that way on my forum. I thought that was reactionary, emotional, and inappropriate. I replied in kind. :smiley-laughing021:

CF, and it's staff, should run that site exactly as they, and it's owner(s) see fit. People that choose to go there should abide by their rules or suffer the consequences. Period.

If I'm looking for an answer to a question about my XJ I look here, failing that I do a Google search and if it takes me to CF great, I get the information. If I see that I can help add to the conversation I'll log on and put my information in there.

We encourage all of you to feel free to post links and information about any of the other Jeep forums. I look at it this way. If there is a better Jeep site than xjtalk, then that is where you should be. We'll work harder and be that better Jeep site eventually! :thumbsup:

Cherokee 91
02-04-2011, 12:06 PM
How did I get a glass of beer on my pic?

steph74
02-04-2011, 12:10 PM
hehe it is our way to welcome you ;)
The throw button on the right of your username... I meant to offer you a beer...

Part of the functions I like on this forum... useless but totally fun... when you have enough posts you can thank, groan at posts, and stuff like that.... a way of showing your appreciation

don;t be scared to use it, you don;t get banned for that ... unless you throw me the big kiss.... i am not interested

Firemanray
02-04-2011, 12:11 PM

Hehehe....the same way you just got egged! I should make you wait for an explaination but I won't be mean. See the "Throw" button next to my avatar? Push it!

Firemanray
02-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Man I wasn't fast enough!!

Mudderoy
02-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Hehehe....the same way you just got egged! I should make you wait for an explaination but I won't be mean. See the "Throw" button next to my avatar? Push it!

If you put H2 Hummers on XJ4IV's avatar it really :pee:es him off! :rotfl2:

steph74
02-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Hey what did I do to deserve a bullet ? a beer would have done the job....

Mudderoy
02-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Hey what did I do to deserve a bullet ? a beer would have done the job....

But a bullet means you get all the beers! :smiley-laughing021:

4.3LXJ
02-04-2011, 12:40 PM

Click on the throw button. It is one of the options

bigjim350
02-04-2011, 11:41 PM
I do want to apologize for starting any drama that i did. I saw some things over there that bothered me and I made it know to them. Then after I was banned some of my great friends were rather upset about that. To be honest the whole thing was not handled real well. I do not have any problem with the forum and would like to let the whole thing just die down. HOWEVER, if anybody sees some bad things being said about xjtalk because of me, please send me a PM, please don't respond on my behalf. Also if you see a thread where some poor new guy is getting picked on, please don't get involved and mention xjtalk. Just PM me a link to that also, and I have a buddy that will do what he can to help. Thanks and sorry for the drama.

cantab27
02-05-2011, 01:59 AM
feel the love right there ....shot big fella, well said

steph74
02-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Forgive and forget ;) takes a good man to stop and apologise.

Now like you say no more talking about that and you guys change your avatars back to whatever they were before and let's have a beer and welcome everybody in the community ;)

Pink
02-05-2011, 01:12 PM
I must agree!

alwaysxj
02-05-2011, 05:10 PM

Steph glad I could be a influence on you, or maybe it was my pics....:smiley-laughing021:

XJ4IV
02-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I must agree!

holy crap Pinks FIRST POST!!!

ice_cold
02-05-2011, 05:49 PM
I must agree!

Pink has achieved LIFE!!!!
Great, now her attitude will be in the forums....

Firemanray
02-05-2011, 06:19 PM
She looks pretty hot to be a cyborg!

ice_cold
02-05-2011, 08:36 PM
She looks pretty hot to be a cyborg!

so was 7 of 9 in Star trek...mind you that was part cyborg...or was that Borg??

4.3LXJ
02-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Welcome to the forum Pink. Or is that the real world?

oderdene
02-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Cheeers. Happy Sunday :D

Cherokee 91
02-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Awesome