PDA

View Full Version : Welcome OverEasy!!!

BlueXJ
02-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Hi OverEasy, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

OverEasy
02-04-2011, 04:13 AM
LOL! Well I must say that's a little different from what I'm used to. :D

Some may recognize my SN from a couple other sites. (or may not) My names Jeremy, from Lynchburg, Va. I was told about this site from a member while I was actually checking it out. Figured I'd sign up and check it out.

Mudderoy
02-04-2011, 04:46 AM
LOL! Well I must say that's a little different from what I'm used to. :D

Some may recognize my SN from a couple other sites. (or may not) My names Jeremy, from Lynchburg, Va. I was told about this site from a member while I was actually checking it out. Figured I'd sign up and check it out.

Well it's great to have you give us a look.

:welcome: to the site!

BrianXJ
02-04-2011, 04:51 AM
:welcome: to the xjtalk family, OverEasy!! Glad to have you! We have another member for Lynchburg as well. You may know Tural.

OverEasy
02-04-2011, 04:59 AM
Well it's great to have you give us a look.
:welcome: to the site!

Thanks! Figured I may as well sign up here as well! I'm always down to meet new folks!

:welcome: to the xjtalk family, OverEasy!! Glad to have you! We have another member for Lynchburg as well. You may know Tural.

Thanks, appreciate it! Ya, I know that guy!

Tural, Whats up! You out there!? Hahaa! :buddy:

imehtoh
02-04-2011, 06:26 AM
:thumbsup:Welcome from the STAR City.

bigjim350
02-04-2011, 06:38 AM
Welcome to the wiebsite bro glad you made it over.

cantab27
02-04-2011, 11:24 AM
welcome to xjtalk mate ..... any pics of ya zook , is it for the trails ....cheers

4.3LXJ
02-04-2011, 11:28 AM
This guy has a Zook, I have one of those ...

OverEasy
02-04-2011, 05:16 PM
:thumbsup:Welcome from the STAR City.

Thanks! Dunno if you have seen it posted on another Forum or not but there's a run coming up on March 18 - 20th. We'd love to have you join!

Welcome to the wiebsite bro glad you made it over.

Thanks for the invite!

welcome to xjtalk mate ..... any pics of ya zook , is it for the trails ....cheers

Thanks! Ya, my Zuk is for the trails only. I drive my Cherokee for my DD, it gets its fare share of trail use also though!:D My Cherokee is just a plain O'l everyday 01 stocker. My Zuk.... not so much stock anymore....:driving: I'll post a pic of both at the bottom.

This guy has a Zook, I have one of those ...

You have a Zuk as well? So I'm not alone with this?

The Cherokee : Jeep UpCountry suspension, steering, tcase, gas tank skids, Aluminum w/ 235x75x15 and steelies for the trails. Looking to put different tires on the steelies after I do a BB.

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv311/watjeep/IMAG0108.jpg

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv311/watjeep/100_1561-1.jpg

My 87 Samurai TinTop : YJ spring conversion, missing links f/r, 8,500lb winch, sliders, belly skid, homemade f/r bumpers, big block 1.3(engines built for boost), GM alt., cam, header, rock lights, f/r lockrights, f/r diff guards, homemade tcase arms, 6.5 tcase gears, mint Honda civic seats, 34" SS on 15x8 soft 8s for now. I'm sure I'm missing a few things here but that bout wraps it up.

From this.
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv311/watjeep/100_0168-2.jpg

To this.
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv311/watjeep/IMAG0014.jpg

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv311/watjeep/Samurai012.jpg

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv311/watjeep/Samurai014.jpg

4.3LXJ
02-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Yes I have one, but it hasn't run for some time. Blew the motor in my driveway. But it will again someday. Here is the only pic I have of it right now. My son talked me into starting the one in the foreground instead, which is shorter than a Sammy

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/IMG_0276.jpg

OverEasy
02-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Yes I have one, but it hasn't run for some time. Blew the motor in my driveway. But it will again someday. Here is the only pic I have of it right now. My son talked me into starting the one in the foreground instead, which is shorter than a Sammy

Ahh, OK. I know who you are now! LOL! We had this discussion on another Forum. :D So what exactly happen to the Sami? Block damage? Head problem? Have you messed with it at all?

4.3LXJ
02-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Ahh, OK. I know who you are now! LOL! We had this discussion on another Forum. :D So what exactly happen to the Sami? Block damage? Head problem? Have you messed with it at all?

You will love this:rolleyes:

I transplanted a 1.8L Subaru into it. I put a big Weber carb on it and had been driving it for awhile, but it was running real rich. So I was tuning the carb and threw a rod in the driveway. Hasn't run since.

OverEasy
02-04-2011, 07:19 PM
You will love this:rolleyes:

I transplanted a 1.8L Subaru into it. I put a big Weber carb on it and had been driving it for awhile, but it was running real rich. So I was tuning the carb and threw a rod in the driveway. Hasn't run since.

I hate to do this and I mean NO disrespect but LMAO! Man, at least it happen in the driveway. You didn't have to worry about how to get it back or anything.

So you were in the middle of tuning the carb when it threw a rod? That sucks.
I plan on keeping the 1.3 as long as it lives (should be a long time), I just plan on adding gearing! I'd rather break a axle than a engine block. Not that the 1.3 wouldn't but I just had the whole engine redone/ built.

cantab27
02-04-2011, 07:29 PM
cheers ,,that one mean looking zuk ...

xj4life2
02-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Welcome from another NOR CAL'r !!!

4.3LXJ
02-04-2011, 08:00 PM
I hate to do this and I mean NO disrespect but LMAO!
I plan on keeping the 1.3 as long as it lives (should be a long time), I just plan on adding gearing! I'd rather break a axle than a engine block. Not that the 1.3 wouldn't but I just had the whole engine redone/ built.

Mine was knocking when I pulled it out. Crappy milage too. Someday I will put another Subaru in, but it will be a late model turbo engine.

OverEasy
02-05-2011, 12:26 AM
cheers ,,that one mean looking zuk ...

Welcome from another NOR CAL'r !!!

Thanks guys!

Mine was knocking when I pulled it out. Crappy milage too. Someday I will put another Subaru in, but it will be a late model turbo engine.

So when it threw the rod did it scare the ssip outa you? Do you have any pics of that in the Sami? I would love to see what it looked like in there. I've never seen that swap before.

4.3LXJ
02-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Thanks guys!

So when it threw the rod did it scare the ssip outa you? Do you have any pics of that in the Sami? I would love to see what it looked like in there. I've never seen that swap before.

It did not penetrate the case. I shut it down quickly. No pics because it was pre digital camera for me. I used the Suby 5 speed and locked the transfer case and had a 6" drove shaft to the divorced Sammy tcase.

I also used the Suby hill holder on the brakes. It hooks via cable to the clutch linkage and is seamless and automatic when adjusted right.

OverEasy
02-05-2011, 01:16 AM
It did not penetrate the case. I shut it down quickly. No pics because it was pre digital camera for me. I used the Suby 5 speed and locked the transfer case and had a 6" drove shaft to the divorced Sammy tcase.

I also used the Suby hill holder on the brakes. It hooks via cable to the clutch linkage and is seamless and automatic when adjusted right.

That sucks, I would have liked to have checked that out. Sounds like a weird setup. You know anyone else who has this setup?

I know the feeling though. I melted my head on my Zuk. I didn't know that it was melted until I had pulled it off and finally flipped it over. The guy who built mine asked me how was it still running. I told him with all the other issues it had started having... it blended in well.

4.3LXJ
02-05-2011, 10:11 AM
That sucks, I would have liked to have checked that out. Sounds like a weird setup. You know anyone else who has this setup?

I know the feeling though. I melted my head on my Zuk. I didn't know that it was melted until I had pulled it off and finally flipped it over. The guy who built mine asked me how was it still running. I told him with all the other issues it had started having... it blended in well.

No pics of the hill holder, but it is still on the Zuk firewall. The suby clutch arm has two holes in it. One for the cable from the pedal and one for the hill holder that sits on the opposite side. Basically it is a cable operated valve. It could be adapted to any clutch set up since it is all mechanical. Kind of takes all the advantage out of the automatic trannys. All you do to work it is to step on the clutch and brake. The brake will not come off until you release the clutch. Really frees up the right foot. One thing you will find out about me here is that I am usually outside the box.

OverEasy
02-05-2011, 12:13 PM
See, now you got my wheels turning about this setup. Hahaa! The guy who built my 1.3 for me is a Suby / VW tech at a local stealership. I like different as well. The next time I have a weird thought about putting something together, I now know who to pm! LOL! :thumbsup:

Tural
02-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks! Figured I may as well sign up here as well! I'm always down to meet new folks!

Thanks, appreciate it! Ya, I know that guy!

Tural, Whats up! You out there!? Hahaa! :buddy:

:cheerleader: