PDA

View Full Version : Will I get banned from CherokeeForum.com?

bigjim350
02-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Someone was posting about louder exhaust so i posted a vid of my jeep and in response on pm i got this.

Dear bigjim350,

You have received an infraction at Jeep Cherokee Forum.

Reason: General Rule Violation

-------

Come on. I already posted in that threads about talk of running with no cat and you brought it up anyways

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/catalytic-converter-laws-24337/

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/louder-jeep-73924-post841629/#post841629

Here is a old video of mine where you can here the exhaust real good. It is a SLP loudmouth with no cat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYp9sph8g1w

All the best,

Jeep Cherokee Forum

So then someone in the thread asked for a pic of my exhaust and i posted this.

Hey thanks man. Here is a pic of my system. Well is a legal version pic, cause I don't want to get in trouble Oh and I should say its for offroad only ofcourse.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/bigjim350/003-7.jpg

And my resonse to the PM was this

An infraction?? LOL. Are we in the second grade. Since this seems to be so important to you I'm sure that you always do the same when people post pics of there jeeps with now flares when they live in tire cover law states??? Its a ****ing cat less jeep that spends majority of it time off road. wtf. I dont see you double checking every wheeling pic to make sure it wasn't done off road. You know if you look at all my previous posts, all I do is come on here to help people with useful info in a friendly way. The only people I am not friendly too are the assholes who pick on somebody cause they ask a dumb question. That is the problem with CF. Ya ll are a bunch of uptight pussies. The most common answer to a post on here is "search for it". What kind of ******* does that, if ya know the answer just post it. So I say **** the infraction, Ban me, and save yourself the trouble. It would probably be a good idea to ban me anyways, my main purpose for joining this site is for recruiting guys that have been treated like shit to another site that is much better. I would let you know the site but I dont want a EPA left wing Nazi over there. So in conclusion. Infraction, **** you Ban me. I will see it as a mark of achievement. Have a nice day :D

So what do YOU think

Firemanray
02-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Your an antagonist!!!

Mudderoy
02-02-2011, 11:27 PM
That's no cat, it's a cute little kitty!

cantab27
02-02-2011, 11:28 PM
ya didnt do the ..ps....beep you

Firemanray
02-02-2011, 11:31 PM
My kitty's tummy is EMPTY!

4.3LXJ
02-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Cute Kitty

But seriously, they are real sticklers about even mentioning running without a cat on that forum. Just the way they are. But on the other hand, they will accept some flaming though.

modestmar00xj
02-03-2011, 01:47 AM
hahaha yes! BigJim350! your number 1! thats what i like! Blunt *** comments!

BrianXJ
02-03-2011, 02:08 AM
Can I change my vote??????????????

msmoorenburg
02-03-2011, 07:22 AM
sorry jim i hijacked the post lets see if i get banned too :cheerleader::cheerleader:

bluedragon436
02-03-2011, 07:39 AM
The question is not will you get banned... the question is will you care if you do?!... what a bunch of douches.. I can understand if you have a pic of your exhaust while you are driving down the road... but you are running it as a primarily offroad setup... I know lots of buggies and such that have no exhaust much less a cat...

OrangeXJ
02-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Well what's the latest ?

oderdene
02-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Ban me, and save yourself the trouble.

Infraction, **** you Ban me. I will see it as a mark of achievement. Have a nice day :D

good there, you have a heart for saving people from trouble :D :D :D
hope they will sleep tight after this :D :D :D

bluedragon436
02-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Oh I'm sure Jim is the talk of the staff folks on there today...

steph74
02-03-2011, 08:55 AM
oh I voted yes..... but you probably will not be banned right away ;) before they will most likely officially ask you to apologize ;)

I am all for doing things legally and can understand their concern about advertising for catless vehicles but your PM was very funny.

You made a point with the other illegal picture posts.....

And by the way being an offroad only vehicle doesn;t excuse the need for a cat by federal law ;)

I have to say that I am not going there anymore unless it comes up for a search.... just because the "search it" quick response from most of the members...

I am XJtalk.com all the way now ;)

Mudderoy
02-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Yeah I don't understand this catalytic converter forums policy. Shouldn't it just be don't ask don't tell?

I don't want to encourage anyone from doing anything illegal, but hasn't everyone done a few things illegal today already?

xjtalk's official policy is that you should obey all laws, local, federal and what your wife (or husband) tells you to do! :smiley-laughing021:

msmoorenburg
02-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Yeah I don't understand this catalytic converter forums policy. Shouldn't it just be don't ask don't tell?

I don't want to encourage anyone from doing anything illegal, but hasn't everyone done a few things illegal today already?

xjtalk's official policy is that you should obey all laws, local, federal and what your wife (or husband) tells you to do! :smiley-laughing021:

Yea I forgot to signal leaving my driveway @4:30am :smiley-scared002:

XJ4IV
02-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Yea I forgot to signal leaving my driveway @4:30am :smiley-scared002:

Dear Msmoorenburg,
You have received an infraction for the posting of illegal activities. Any further posts of this nature will be rewarded with a serious infraction which will be brought up in moderator meeting and a discussion will be had about the possibility of you being banned from XjTalk.com. In an effort to keep things morally sound a vote will be taken and has to pass with a unanimous decision by the moderators!
Please heed this warning and take action on your own part to correct your own actions.
thank you for using xjtalk forum
Sincerely

bigjim350
02-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Update I did get banned this morning. :D

XJ4IV
02-03-2011, 10:08 AM
now do what I did and create another name and just be totally brutal to people... especially the guy who sent you the ban notice

LizardRunner
02-03-2011, 10:22 AM
oh I voted yes..... but you probably will not be banned right away ;) before they will most likely officially ask you to apologize ;)

I am all for doing things legally and can understand their concern about advertising for catless vehicles but your PM was very funny.

You made a point with the other illegal picture posts.....

And by the way being an offroad only vehicle doesn;t excuse the need for a cat by federal law ;) * damn, guess they better go ticket every off road racer that is active, including NASCAR, CART, IROC, all FIA organizations, and every home town stock car class. *
I have to say that I am not going there anymore unless it comes up for a search.... just because the "search it" quick response from most of the members...

I am XJtalk.com all the way now ;)

The only reason I still go to other forums is to find info we don't have here yet. course when I find what's needed I put the link here so all can have access to it but not take up our bandwidth. :thumbsup:

msmoorenburg
02-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Dear Msmoorenburg,
You have received an infraction for the posting of illegal activities. Any further posts of this nature will be rewarded with a serious infraction which will be brought up in moderator meeting and a discussion will be had about the possibility of you being banned from XjTalk.com. In an effort to keep things morally sound a vote will be taken and has to pass with a unanimous decision by the moderators!
Please heed this warning and take action on your own part to correct your own actions.
thank you for using xjtalk forum
Sincerely

aww darn i forgot to set the parking brake i guess i'm outta here :eek:

bigjim350
02-03-2011, 10:40 AM
now do what I did and create another name and just be totally brutal to people... especially the guy who sent you the ban notice

Can't. They banned my IP not my username:pee:

rguignard
02-03-2011, 10:51 AM
well lets see how they like me over there .....lol

LizardRunner
02-03-2011, 01:22 PM
changing my vote after all the white washing is done. yes you will and so will two other members of XJT. One other will be admonished and have his wrist slapped repetedly. :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::headbag:

XJ4IV
02-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Can't. They banned my IP not my username:pee:

hmmmmm our IP address is different for each computer in the house by one digit... do you have another PC in the house?

LizardRunner
02-03-2011, 01:39 PM
I have a random IP generator, don't need more than one puter but have three.

msmoorenburg
02-03-2011, 01:40 PM
hmmmmm our IP address is different for each computer in the house by one digit... do you have another PC in the house?

Scott its called NAT you only have 1 ip leaving your house:patriot: your ip is 192.168.xxx.xxx and your router addy is like 70.xxx.xxx.xxx

XJ4IV
02-03-2011, 01:40 PM
LMFAO I got banned as well

You have been banned for the following reason:
Poor Attitude

Date the ban will be lifted: 02-10-2011, 12:00 PM

that makes TWO sites Im banned from!
but SERIOUSLY for a WEEK im banned... I dont think poor attitude is in the bylaws

XJ4IV
02-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Scott its called NAT you only have 1 ip leaving your house:patriot:

ohhhh see how DUMB I am...
I moved right after the ban was put in place from LSJC so I guess I had another IP like right away LOL thats funny too

msmoorenburg
02-03-2011, 01:43 PM

Poor Attitude

but SERIOUSLY for a WEEK im banned... I dont think poor attitude is in the bylaws

hmm i still don't have one :sad0147:

bigjim350
02-03-2011, 01:45 PM
They must have been more mad at me, my ban was for a month

OrangeXJ
02-03-2011, 01:46 PM

Poor Attitude

Trouble maker :smiley-laughing021:

rguignard
02-03-2011, 02:13 PM
heres what i just got lol

Chill on the attitude and language.

Date the ban will be lifted: 02-10-2011, 02:00 PM

steph74
02-03-2011, 02:17 PM
What ?????/ that is it ?
You guys seriously IP banning is nothing..... you need to go back in there and get your username banned....
Only this will be a real VICTORY
(I didn;t get yet what is the prize to win but I am sure you do ;) )

Punisher
02-03-2011, 02:27 PM
:smiley-laughing021:... you guys crack me up...:thumbsup:

Firemanray
02-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Big Jim you still have work to do. I checked and you did not get awarded the title "banned" under your name. I guess when you get out of the "time out" corner you'll have to punch them in the nose!!!

bigjim350
02-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Well I just checked my email. So far I have received 11 separate "Infractions". The reasons range from bad language, talk of removing cat, advertising another site, and poor attitude. Boy I can't wait until my 1 month ban is removed. Don't worry I will keep folks updated. And for the record before anybody thinks I'm just trying to be a *******, all these reported posts were directed at the cf mods and the uptight posters over there who pick on the new people.

Cherokee 91
02-03-2011, 08:20 PM
The guy asking about a body lift had 116 post, he was not new. If you looked at his previous threads he talks about selling his lift kit among other things. I would had flamed him also but didn't I just put him in the running for Tard Wars......This is funny:thumbsup:

Mudderoy
02-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Well I just checked my email. So far I have received 11 separate "Infractions". The reasons range from bad language, talk of removing cat, advertising another site, and poor attitude. Boy I can't wait until my 1 month ban is removed. Don't worry I will keep folks updated. And for the record before anybody thinks I'm just trying to be a *******, all these reported posts were directed at the cf mods and the uptight posters over there who pick on the new people.

Jim you and I are fighting the same battle. I'm doing it by having a Jeep site that doesn't do that crap. If I'm right and they are wrong eventually everyone will leave those sites where they are roughed up by other members and "staff". For me personally I didn't feel it was right for me to go into someone's house and straighten the pictures and paint the walls. Instead I built another house and welcomed people to it.

We all should, and should have the right, to follow our own path. That applies to you as well as me.

cantab27
02-03-2011, 08:54 PM
thats how i found this site ,,, got a bit of negative shit on cf plus a know it all about why snorkels are bad idea...googled xj forums, been here ever since ...... thanks you two .... doing it for the newbies ....

msmoorenburg
02-03-2011, 09:58 PM
here's mine

No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Weldmen
02-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Really? Cats are only legal back till 1995 here in Wisconsin. I say WTF!! Pi!% off

XJ4IV
02-03-2011, 11:03 PM
I totally set fire to that site.... but uhhhh now my computer is burned up and apparently the site is just fine! DAMN!

bigjim350
02-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Yep Im one of the banned brothers

bigjim350
02-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Okay this is a copy of a post i sent over there. and this will be the end of it. Im gonna lock the thread so enjoy:
Here we go. My problem is that a lot of good people got banned over bull.... oh wait poo.
It all started because a vid of a off road only rig was put up that had no cat on it. That vid violated no laws, the owner of the jeep did. Then the poster received an infraction for it. Well that surely could not be left alone. So he made a heart felt response to it, which may have been a bit degrading but oh well. Well then he is banned for a month. Well some of his good buddies come over to defend him, and in the process also get banned. Which seems to me that if your not sheeple you are not wanted here.

The original person that was banned came here every night when his sight was down and answered tons and tons of questions with very accurate info. He also defended the new guys when some of you "hardcore" guys deemed that he would be fun to play with. I must say he also gave hell to the people who's main post for the day was "search for it" I mean come on what else do they have to do. Well after all this some PM's were exchanged on another site where your Admin was telling Our Admin how we should run our site. Now we did save all the back and forth pm's and had a great laugh, but I will not post them here because I don't want to embarrass the Great Admin over here.

Well after these Pm's a few other folks were a little upset and were gripping about CF on OUR site in a chat room. Well it turns out there was a greasy little spy from CF watching on. Well after he saw what was said he figured he would save face and embarrassment and Ban 4or5 people for life. Sounds like ya ll got a real brave crew here. So if I have this correct, you don't want the people that come over here and answer questions, and look out for the new guys? Well this is just a story I heard. But just so people know there is a site that is run by the people, where you can freely post what you would like. Oh and if you ask the same question 18 times a day we don't care, nobody will tell you to search for the answer.

So if anybody wants to now the website please send me a pm. So as you can see I posted a post with no profanity no negative language and no open advertisement, So there should be no reason to close it. And with this being the master race of websites I'm sure you don't have to worry about anybody sending me a pm about the other site. But just in case you ban me for no reason, and i cant access my Pm's you folks can email me at [email protected]. Oh and you can ban me all you want I can work freaking wonders on this here little comp. Oh and the next time the mods and admins are spying on the other site, pop up into the chat room. I'm sure we will treat you with much more respect than what we have found here. Have a nice day big....oh wait medjim175