PDA

View Full Version : '97+ Exterior mirror question.

PolarXJ
02-02-2011, 12:59 PM
I didn't know whether to put this in the mod section or here. Because its a mod for me, but kinda a OEM questions. I've got power mirrors on my '95 XJ and a bit ago I was at a JY and found power mirrors on a newer style XJ. This was the first time they've got one in with power mirrors. Well I decided to stag them and put them on mine. Well these mirrors also came with defrost on them. I figure that they are turned on with the same button as the rear window. Guys with this option, correct me if I'm wrong on that. I'm would like to know the amps for the fuse for the defrost feature, to see if I need to increase mine, and also if there is a relay involved with it as well. Thanks!

Mudderoy
02-02-2011, 01:09 PM
I didn't know whether to put this in the mod section or here. Because its a mod for me, but kinda a OEM questions. I've got power mirrors on my '95 XJ and a bit ago I was at a JY and found power mirrors on a newer style XJ. This was the first time they've got one in with power mirrors. Well I decided to stag them and put them on mine. Well these mirrors also came with defrost on them. I figure that they are turned on with the same button as the rear window. Guys with this option, correct me if I'm wrong on that. I'm would like to know the amps for the fuse for the defrost feature, to see if I need to increase mine, and also if there is a relay involved with it as well. Thanks!

On my 1998 they heat up when you turn the defrost on.

PolarXJ
02-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the info, when you get a chance, could you check the size of your fuse for your defrost. I'd like to compare it to mine. To see if I need to increase it or not. Thanks.

Mudderoy
02-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the info, when you get a chance, could you check the size of your fuse for your defrost. I'd like to compare it to mine. To see if I need to increase it or not. Thanks.

Sure, now just to remember to do it.