PDA

View Full Version : Rear Recovery points.

teamwestoutdoors
01-28-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm trying to find an easy solution to attaching some bulletproof recovery points to the back of "Dudley". Right now I have a fabricated tube bumper that the PO had made but it's just attached to the old bumper mounts, so pulling on them would just pull the bolts out of the sheet metal. I want to attach to the strongest part of the Uni-body "frame" as possible to ensure the strongest point I can get. So, I was wondering what all you have done with your rear points? Photos would be greatly appreciated. :popcorn:

4.3LXJ
01-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Get yourself a class 2 hitch for the XJ and a receiver for a shackle that fits in it. That will be as strong as it gets.

bigjim350
01-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Or if ya still wanna keep it custom, fab some brackets that weld to your bumper, and then bolt to where the factory hitch bolt on. Then weld d-ring tabs to your bumper. Which ever way you decide to go, you will want to utilize the factory hitch holes, for greatest strength.

teamwestoutdoors
01-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks Guys!

jdougn
01-29-2011, 08:36 PM
I welded big d-rings on the 3/16" plate steel gas tank skid plate that bolted up to the same mounting points as a trailer hitch. That has worked very well.