PDA

View Full Version : Ipod users whats is your opinion

phillyxj570
01-23-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm getting a new head unit so I can hook my Ipod up in the jeep, just wanted to get some opinions.

1st choice
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27528_Sony-DSX-S100.html

2nd choice
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pioneer-Complete-Car-Audio-Package-DXT-2266UB-200W-Stereo-and-Four-6.5-Speakers/15140328

Firemanray
01-23-2011, 01:31 PM
My wife got me a real nice Kenwood for Christmas. It has USB port and stereo mini plug input. It also comes bluetooth ready, no extras to buy for hands free phone use. I love it!
Here's a link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=CD755E56455F7C9EA7EFD051E87 3F268.bbolsp-app03-10?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=7362107730268076407&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=KDC-BT645U&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

03ghosthemi
01-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Getting ready to redo my system in my XJ also, so I will be watching this topic. I have the need for ipod, sat radio ready, and to work with the exsisting sys the preowner put in (speakers and amp are there just getto deck and no sub).

Bill

phillyxj570
01-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Well I think the sony is awesome, Ipod is hidden no exposed wires and it charges as it plays. I won't have the Ipod bouncing all over the place when on the trails But then the pioneer has the fallbacks like cd and usb for if my ipod takes a dump. I don't care about the speakers because my stock ones are still good and I don't listen to music loud in the jeep because I like to be able to hear the noises the jeeps make,it gives me piece of mind.

03ghosthemi
01-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Im not really worried about loud music also, but the way the sys in the jeep is now (previous owner) I have a cheezy no name deck, good speakers but they are set up to only play the highs and no sub because he removed it when I got it. So with out a sub, any music sounds like crap. I would just like to get back to a normal sounding system that I can play my ipod or sat radio on, thats my goal. Although now that I am running my half door you can not hear much anyway.

Bill

spdfrk78
01-23-2011, 04:40 PM
I have a pioneer head unit in my 2dr and one in my wife's XJ. The one in my wife's XJ has aux, usb, and sd inputs; mine does not have an sd slot. While I don't have an Ipod or sat. radio I do have an Android phone. Between Pandora radio, Iheart radio and the music I have stored in the phone itself I never find my self tired of the music selection available. I still have CD's tucked in my visor but have not used them in forever. The only thing that is on the downside is that I have two wires running down the front of my dash: one from the phone to the headunit and one from the phone to the cig lighter for charging the battery.

4.3LXJ
01-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Im not really worried about loud music also, but the way the sys in the jeep is now (previous owner) I have a cheezy no name deck, good speakers but they are set up to only play the highs and no sub because he removed it when I got it. So with out a sub, any music sounds like crap. I would just like to get back to a normal sounding system that I can play my ipod or sat radio on, thats my goal. Although now that I am running my half door you can not hear much anyway.

Bill

I don't have subs. I have 6X9 three ways and get plenty of base out of my old Sony. I just turn the base down a little.

bluedragon436
01-23-2011, 06:45 PM
I personally would go with the Pioneer... that way you do have the option of playing CD's if you ever want too... (not sure why you every would with an Ipod hooked up...) plus I have never really had any issues with Pioneer... and the few that I have had (a year or more after purchase of the unit) they had me send it in, and they either fixed it or replaced it for me no charge... never had anywhere near that luck with Sony.. plus all I would do is throw my Ipod in my glovebox... and run the cord from the front out... wouldn't have to worry about the Ipod bouncing around.. but either unit would be a nice upgrade from stock..

Tural
01-23-2011, 06:46 PM
i'm a pioneer guy... 5100 series in both of my xjs. that 2200 doesn't have the greatest easy tune graphics, but they all have the same gutts. i'd say go for the pioneer. it an economy package, but it'll get it done.

LizardRunner
01-23-2011, 07:27 PM
I have a pioneer unit, I've liked them pretty much since they started making car stereos, my little in door pioneer speakers do pretty well but I imagine I will add some 6x9's in the back eventually.

BrianXJ
01-23-2011, 07:50 PM
I am a pioneer guy as well. good quality for a low price

Cameron
01-24-2011, 01:05 PM
I have the sony one with the ipod bay on the inside it works just fine for me i put 2 6x9's in the back and it sounds good. Also its nice because you can browse through your music from the remote, and it charges it unlike the pioneers like my dad has in his xj so when you get out of your jeep your ipod is always fully charged and its hidden away without wires coming out of your radio.:thumbsup:

PolarXJ
01-24-2011, 01:15 PM
I picked one up last year, its got a lot of nice features. One is a toggle switch which also pushing in. This is my biggest complaint about it. :D Its hard to select something when you are on a bouncy trail. :D

phillyxj570
01-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Well guys I bought the Sony head unit. I was leaning towards the pioneer one but you can only play your ipod through the aux. port. My headphone jack is partially blown out so it would be pointless to buy it since the whole reason I am buying a new head unit is for my Ipod. The sony is supposed to be here by tomorrow night so when I install it and use it for a few days I will post up a review for anybody that is in the market for a new stereo.

03ghosthemi
01-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Yeah, keep us posted. I would like to replace mine soon. The PO left the good speakers and amp but took the sub/amp and put in a noname head unit. Really, I mean no info on it. Let us know how it works out for you.

Bill

phillyxj570
02-02-2011, 03:57 PM
OK my head unit came in Monday night at 7pm. I had to wait for my 18v batt to charge for my flashlight then I went out in the freezing cold and installed it. All I can say is this thing is freaking awesome. Just plug the ipod in put it inside the deck and control everything from the face plate. You can scroll though playlist genre artist song etc.. by pushing a button and spinning a knob. Same thing to scroll through music. It is really easy to use and it sounds a hell of alot better then I was expecting. I would definitely recommend this head unit to anybody that only uses their Ipod

LizardRunner
02-02-2011, 04:15 PM
sounds sweet to me. :thumbsup: But, I don't have an Ipod and prolly never will since I still use my cell phone as just a phone. :shocker: I have enough trouble just using my stereo.:smiley-laughing021:

Niac
02-02-2011, 11:09 PM
sounds sweet to me. :thumbsup: But, I don't have an Ipod and prolly never will since I still use my cell phone as just a phone. :shocker: I have enough trouble just using my stereo.:smiley-laughing021:

I was thinking about getting a cell phone.:thumbsup:

modestmar00xj
02-03-2011, 02:06 AM
i have the Kenwood indash radio! greatest thing ever! 6.5 inch screen and one cable connecting my ipod that charges and i can control the ipod from the screen! a little over kill but i love my music!