PDA

View Full Version : Can't choose?

teamwestoutdoors
01-14-2011, 01:48 PM
If you was going to replace all your front control arm bushings which kind would you buy?

Mudderoy
01-14-2011, 02:06 PM
If you was going to replace all your front control arm bushings which kind would you buy?

I went with Moog. Ironman4x4fab.com has some bad a$$ dana 30 bushings.

bigjim350
01-14-2011, 08:00 PM
I would go with high quality rubber bushings. I had poly bushings and I could not find any grease or spray that would make them quit squeeking. Plus if you don't have flex joints on your arms, the rubber bushings will allow a little more flex.

teamwestoutdoors
01-14-2011, 08:13 PM
I went with Moog. Ironman4x4fab.com has some bad a$$ dana 30 bushings.

I did get Moog bushings just because my local parts store had them in stock. They was only $13 for a pair and everyone is telling me the same thing about the poly bushings (lots of squeaking and other noise).

On a side note, I was in Katy, Texas only last year doing some goose hunting with some family. I really enjoyed that part of Texas. Very nice place.

oderdene
01-14-2011, 11:31 PM
I would go with high quality rubber bushings. I had poly bushings and I could not find any grease or spray that would make them quit squeeking. Plus if you don't have flex joints on your arms, the rubber bushings will allow a little more flex.

I have EnergySuspension Polys, it squeaks when cold. My friend use Liquid soap and it helps lot.

oderdene
01-16-2011, 09:11 AM

Daystar have poly lube (http://www.daystarweb.com/productlisting.php?make=Jeep&prodcat=Lubricant)

XJ Rat
01-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Another vote for rubber bushings. Rubber is quiter, and transmits less vibration.

Penetrant oil days/weeks before removing the old bushings really helps. My sons 89 XJ we bought a used set of arms and put penetrating oil on the bushing housings every other day for 3 weeks. They required zero motivation to remove them. Sold the original arms on a Jeep Forum for what we bought the replacements for, so price wise and labor wise it all worked out.

4.3LXJ
01-16-2011, 05:58 PM
I like rubber to, accept on the track bar.

alwaysxj
01-16-2011, 06:20 PM
I did the moog on my last jeep they seemed to be good for as long as I had it.. but that was like 8 months.

teamwestoutdoors
01-16-2011, 07:01 PM
It was such a great day today, I couldn't think of anything better to do then get under my Xj Dudley and get rid of the slop in the front end. I ended up getting the Moog ones and got the old ones out using a metal pipe cap and a B.F.H! Little did I know that would be the easy part. I ended up using a borrowed C-clap from my in-laws. I had to alternate between squeeze it in and giving it the hammer. But, I was able to get it in and it sounds and rides so much better, well worth the work! :cheerleader:

Here is the old one next to the new one.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn203/wildwestbows/699936982_photobucket_22424_.jpg

Mudderoy
01-17-2011, 08:00 PM
It was such a great day today, I couldn't think of anything better to do then get under my Xj Dudley and get rid of the slop in the front end. I ended up getting the Moog ones and got the old ones out using a metal pipe cap and a B.F.H! Little did I know that would be the easy part. I ended up using a borrowed C-clap from my in-laws. I had to alternate between squeeze it in and giving it the hammer. But, I was able to get it in and it sounds and rides so much better, well worth the work! :cheerleader:

Here is the old one next to the new one.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn203/wildwestbows/699936982_photobucket_22424_.jpg

The one on the pumpkin looked like that on mine. I've only changed the one so far. It was suck a bitch.

Jeepster19
01-17-2011, 08:30 PM
I have a bunch of squeaking in the back with my new spring packs from BDS.They drive me absolutely nuts!!!The new bushings are blue in color,I guess I got the squeaky ones too!Grrrrrr!!!!!:mad0090:

LizardRunner
01-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Rubber is good but poly has it's place. Use poly bushings where you want stiffness and little give. Use rubber especially if you use the rig as a DD. There are several lubes for poly bushings and all are available at your local parts store.

teamwestoutdoors
01-17-2011, 09:05 PM
The one on the pumpkin looked like that on mine. I've only changed the one so far. It was suck a bitch.

I think the next time I do an axle swap I'm just going to change them while they are out from under the jeep. Because holy hell that was a pain!