PDA

View Full Version : Manly rituals....

steph74
01-13-2011, 09:21 AM
I have ADD so I usually tend to click on adds when I see something interesting and my web surfing habits brought me to spend a good hour watching youtube videos on shaving... especially turkish wet shave....

So I was wondering what is your favorite way of getting away with this ultimate manly ritual ?

I do about every other day using a badger brush, shaving soap and a 1960's safety double edge razor.....
I just ordered a cheap straight razor as for some reason I decided that it would be cool to try that....

Now if I ever get close to a Turkish barber shop I definitely want that kind of treatment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSmRjlY8rdA

XJ4IV
01-13-2011, 09:42 AM
theres a barber shop a few miles from my house that does that with the exception of the facial beating... but they do the nose acne thing and the nose and ear trimming and yes a BAD *** straight razor shave. wish I could afford that every day... its the littl things i guess

Outlaw
01-13-2011, 10:36 AM
I have my great-grandfathers straight razor, its about 50 yrs old and still as sharp as ever! I tried using it when I was alot younger and bout cut my face off haha. Havent had the balls to try since. Anyone else notice the guy in the chair? He looked like he watched taxi driver a few to many times with those expressions haha... just sayin

alwaysxj
01-13-2011, 09:04 PM
steph you have tooooo much time on your hands... I hate to shave I wait for as long as I can take it, I would love to have this done everyday.

steph74
01-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Well what Steve what else can I do to kill time

PolarXJ
01-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Wow, and I thought it was nice when I got a straight edge neck shave. :D
I use to shave with a straight edge blade, only nicked my self a few times. Now I just shave when it starts to bug me.

Tural
01-16-2011, 10:32 AM
i only shave when it starts itching so bad that i can't stand it.

xjrev10
01-17-2011, 12:26 PM
I shave when I get sick of listening to the gf bitch about it for at least 2 weeks, no less no more lol

teamwestoutdoors
01-17-2011, 01:55 PM
My barber offers the full shave option with a straight blade. Pretty much shaves everything from the shirt collar up. For a couple extra bucks it's very much worth it. I try not to shave for a week before I go in there just cause it feels so good afterwards.

LizardRunner
01-20-2011, 01:03 PM
shaving is one thing I take great care of avoiding. I use a beard trimmer to cut the "pokies" down to puttin green height and leave it at that most of the time. I have two straight razors and my electric. the straights are for keeping in my boots like a boot knife. I sliced meself to the chin bone only once before realizing that where I keep those things now is the right place.

chuck2000xj
01-20-2011, 01:58 PM
I unfortunately don't have the option of growning out. Being in the Army I have to shave every day. The weekends is when I give my face a break. Leave is always great!! I always try to grow a full beard to make up for all the shaving until my wife complains.

teamwestoutdoors
01-20-2011, 09:00 PM
shaving is one thing I take great care of avoiding. I use a beard trimmer to cut the "pokies" down to puttin green height and leave it at that most of the time. I have two straight razors and my electric. the straights are for keeping in my boots like a boot knife. I sliced meself to the chin bone only once before realizing that where I keep those things now is the right place.

"Putting green height" I don't know why that made me laugh, but good one!