PDA

View Full Version : Low cost but effective lifts

4x4Dalton
01-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Ok guys this was discussed on the Ustream show the other night. As we all know I am doin the cheap route for a 4.5 lift kit.Since the show several parts have turned up for me. What I am wondering is,What is the cheapest lift kit yall have done,seen or heard of that has lasted 4wheelin. And not just...Oh look a dirt road and a lil hill,I mean serious wheelin in the mud,rocks,snow etc... I am tryin to do mine for under(was gonna be $100)$200. Plus if available any info on parts used.

Weldmen
01-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Hey there,
Here is what I did for my XJ. I made these only 3 inch. The washers cost me like $5.00, and I put in S10 ext cab long bed rear leafs. Cost was $25.00 off of Craig's list. All stock shocks no break line mods or sway bar mods.
Hope this helps..

http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/SRfrontCoilSpacers/FrontCoilSpacers.htm

Weldmen
01-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Here is a pic of the ones I made 3"

http://www.abuncha.biz/pics/spacer.jpg

bigjim350
01-08-2011, 03:07 PM
I personally have never seen a XJ with 4.5" of Junkyard lift preform very well or very long offroad. Now 3.5" and under it is pretty easy to have a durable lift that will preform well

XJ4IV
01-08-2011, 04:59 PM
OK mind you I have SCROUNGED these parts up and here is the break down piece by piece and priced next to the item
front 4.5 TJ coils... Look on ALLLLLL jeep forums especially your local ones to find someone who is upgrading to a 6.5 remember your BEST friends are Craigslist and your local jeep forums... dont be afraid to drive a few miles to picks some parts up ...
Jeep TJ coils 4.5 lift... 50 $
Lower control arms same as above a Local guy on my texas jeep club sold me a pair of non-adjustables for 25 dollars
SO Lower arms 25 dollars
rear springs... I hit up the JY and CUT off dakota leaf springs... these are good for about 4 inches of lift believe it or not...
50 bucks
If you wanna know how to do the dakota pack please ask me Ill go over the details in depth it aint straight bolt in but VERY close
... here is mine with that exact setup and man I wheeled the snot out of mine
and those are 33' TSL's
BIG NOTE dont worry about cutting it if your REALLY gonna wheel it... lots of guys say how ghetto it looks after you cut it... think of how bad it looks when your TIRE makes the room by itself! I did and thats WHY I ended up cutting mine!
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo167/seivey/Spring%20Creek%20Farewell/HPIM2808.jpg
so here you go
front coils $50
Rear leafs $50
Lower arms $25
Shocks NEW for $140 dont buy used shocks unless your getting a GREAT deal on fairly new ones!
and as far as BRAKE lines... front just remove the bolt that goes unto the frame that the steel line attaches to and straighten it out
for the BACK line do the same thing, you will see a bracket along the driverside of the frame rail on the INSIDE... this houses fuel lines and a brake line... locate which is the brake line and remove it from the bracket and again straighten it out and let it hang... it WONT droop while driving cause the steel portion of it will keep it high... If you want I can snap a few pics to show you the brake line setups!
so for 265.00 your in GREAT standing just get your tires and locker and you can pretty much keep up with any of the same setup TJ guys

XJ4IV
01-08-2011, 05:00 PM
oh BTW I ran this setup for two years and it did GREAT... and actually I still HAVE the same coils and leaves on the jeep and mine is STILL kickin ***