PDA

View Full Version : New from Raleigh/Colorado Springs

Scottydog
01-04-2011, 01:57 PM
I am new to the forum, thanks for having me. My son and I have been slowly modifying his 97 XJ but now he is in the Army and stationed in Colorado Springs at Fort Carson. I will be shipping the XJ to him in the next month. Few more things I was hoping to add prior to sending. ie. Backbone winch bumper system, winch and sliders.

Anyone have comments on either of these?

Thanks

Army Strong

Mudderoy
01-05-2011, 10:54 AM
I am new to the forum, thanks for having me. My son and I have been slowly modifying his 97 XJ but now he is in the Army and stationed in Colorado Springs at Fort Carson. I will be shipping the XJ to him in the next month. Few more things I was hoping to add prior to sending. ie. Backbone winch bumper system, winch and sliders.

Anyone have comments on either of these?

Thanks

Army Strong

I really like the backbone and tailbone from DETOURS USA (http://www.detoursusa.com) and briefly considered it before getting the slimline with tire carrier and custom built front bumper from Mark (DETOURS). The bumpers I have are beautiful, but there is something to be said for having that "stock" look but all the functionality of recovery points, tire carrier and winch. I think if I was building a 2nd XJ I'd have to go the tailbone backbone route.

bluedragon436
01-05-2011, 10:56 AM
:welcome: to xjtalk!!