PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Halucinations from the Lizard

LizardRunner
01-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself I'm LizardRunner. Just aquired my first jeep and am loving the 95 XJ I call the Lizard cause it's shedding the paint. I am in the process of getting all the main mechanicals up to snuff then I plan on an LSD for the ole D30 and a Locker for the 8.25. Currie front end will go in before the stroker motor. once thats all done I have my eye on a 4.5 longarm lift kit and 33's. I do a lot of fishing and this is the tow rig/DD. My crawling is limited for now but you never know where a lizard might show up.

Mudderoy
01-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself I'm LizardRunner. Just aquired my first jeep and am loving the 95 XJ I call the Lizard cause it's shedding the paint. I am in the process of getting all the main mechanicals up to snuff then I plan on an LSD for the ole D30 and a Locker for the 8.25. Currie front end will go in before the stroker motor. once thats all done I have my eye on a 4.5 longarm lift kit and 33's. I do a lot of fishing and this is the tow rig/DD. My crawling is limited for now but you never know where a lizard might show up.

Sounds snazzy! Thanks for joining and of course we like pictures! :smiley-laughing021: :camera: :popcorn:

4x4Dalton
01-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Welcome to xjtalk from VA.:thumbsup: Yeah like Tony said :camera::camera:

4.3LXJ
01-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Glad you joined. I like XJs that are use for daily drivers and trail work too. My clear coat is coming off in spots too. You suppose they are related?

XJ4IV
01-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Lizard huh... I like the terminology you used ... Mine should be called chameleon.. I recently painted it tan and it blends in with the rocks and sand that I wheel in... prior to that I had it flat black so it would blend into the night... and its original color was green and chrome trimmed so it blended with every other car on the road...

LizardRunner
01-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks to all for a very warm welcome. Pictures of the lizard will be coming soon.

cantab27
01-04-2011, 12:44 PM
welcome to xjtalk mate .....................................

SGT ABN XJ
01-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Welcome Lizard, my jeep was suffering from sun damage and scratches too so I rattlecanned it tan and love it..On the plus side its cheap to maintain and holds up well for my purpose..

GFS01XJ
01-05-2011, 04:54 AM
Welcome, if you decide to paint it or wrap, you will have to keep the theme and make it really look like a lizard.

LizardRunner
01-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Welcome, if you decide to paint it or wrap, you will have to keep the theme and make it really look like a lizard.

We think alike! I have some painter friends and we will be putting the forest green back then my buddy the airbrusher is going to put my avatar on the hood, and blue tails, dragons and others crawling all over the body and roof. I have tinted windows or else I would add some etched in to the back side windows too.

BlueXJ
01-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Looking forward to the shedding paint lizard. Mine is just faded and dull, not shedding yet.
BTW welcome to xjtalk we are glad you joined.

LizardRunner
01-05-2011, 02:21 PM
welcome to xjtalk mate .....................................

Thanks mate, I have an old friend that is from NZ, met him here in the states and was really sad to see he and his wife go home. I even recieved some wood from NZ that litterally took and act of congress to be allowed out of the country, I have a fly rod that now sports a handle of that wood.

cantab27
01-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks mate, I have an old friend that is from NZ, met him here in the states and was really sad to see he and his wife go home. I even recieved some wood from NZ that litterally took and act of congress to be allowed out of the country, I have a fly rod that now sports a handle of that wood.

nice ,,do you know what part of nz ,, us kiwis are everywhere (we sneak in with the humans :smiley-laughing021:)
what kind of wood was it ??.....
heres a link ya might like when ya got a bit of spare time .......
http://www.google.co.nz/imgres?imgurl=http://www.new-zealand-pictures.co.nz/data/media/19/kauri-trees-four-sisters_1066.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.new-zealand-pictures.co.nz/kauri-trees-four-sisters-waipoua-forest-northland-nz-1066-pictures.htm&usg=__0Kk0H3FKNb7zY30KbBrTWlqtudw=&h=370&w=246&sz=42&hl=en&start=15&zoom=1&itbs=1&tbnid=s1U2ssqbmKjW1M:&tbnh=122&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnative%2Btrees%2Bof%2Bnz%26hl%3Den%26 sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1T4GPCK_enNZ312NZ312%26tbs%3Disch:1 %26prmd%3Divns

PolarXJ
01-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Welcome from UT!