PDA

View Full Version : Lost another one.........................

DETOURS
01-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Sad Day............

http://www.ultimate-air.com/

Ultimate Air has closed our doors!

Thank you to our customers for their support and business over the years!
This site will be up for a few more months, if you have any questions or warranty issues with your regulator, please contact us via email at: [email protected]

Thank you,
Brian

I got a heads up from Brian 2 weeks ago, I had hopes things would change, but they did'nt........One less competitive source.

Mudderoy
01-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

bluedragon436
01-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Wow.... that stinks to see..... I actually liked their setups the best too!!

modestmar00xj
01-03-2011, 10:29 AM
yeah thanks for getting the word out, man that kinda sucks though!

4.3LXJ
01-03-2011, 11:34 AM
It is too bad we are loosing good businesses in all sectors of the economy. Hopefully things will turn around and they will be able to open back up.

DETOURS
01-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Unfortunitly, Brian has no plans to reopen Ultimate.

PolarXJ
01-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up, and sorry to hear about the closer.

DETOURS
02-08-2011, 07:34 PM
And another................

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/

Thats a big name right there, 'F'ed up......

alwaysxj
02-08-2011, 07:36 PM
And another................

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/

Thats a big name right there, 'F'ed up......

what.... wow they were just in Utah for the south west crawl fest...

DETOURS
02-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Read & weap............

alwaysxj
02-08-2011, 07:42 PM
that is crazy, I really like their products.

bigjim350
02-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Well damn thats a bummer. I don't run there lift, but I know a lot of people love em

Mudderoy
02-08-2011, 07:43 PM
that is crazy, I really like their products.

Then you should have been buying them! :boohoo: :D

alwaysxj
02-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Then you should have been buying them! :boohoo: :D
:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:
I would if i had the money and maybe a xjtalk sticker....(hint, hint):smiley-gen165:

DETOURS
02-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Unfortunitly...........One or two or three man shops can take commin knowledge from a pioneering company, and produce it for less with access to the proper equipment.........not saying nothin against nobody, but dont think it dosent sting when it bites.........thats all I got.

Mudderoy
02-08-2011, 07:53 PM
:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:
I would if i had the money and maybe a xjtalk sticker....(hint, hint):smiley-gen165:

I haven't ordered them yet.

Mudderoy
02-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Unfortunitly...........One or two or three man shops can take commin knowledge from a pioneering company, and produce it for less with access to the proper equipment.........not saying nothin against nobody, but dont think it dosent sting when it bites.........thats all I got.

Yeah I always thought their products were too high priced. And the company that makes things good for less will survive.

DETOURS
02-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Yeah I always thought their products were too high priced. And the company that makes things good for less will survive.

I'm going to differ on that.......I'll need to disagree & plead the 5th.

Is the company that builds it for less, going to go out & purchase the vehical new off the lot, perhaps even prior to release on the lot, develope, test, market a new product for the said vehical..........I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT.
They'll copy it.........

Thats the loss.:thumbdown:

Mudderoy
02-08-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm going to differ on that.......I'll need to disagree & plead the 5th.

Is the company that builds it for less, going to go out & purchase the vehical new off the lot, perhaps even prior to release on the lot, develope, test, market a new product for the said vehical..........I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT.
They'll copy it.........

Thats the loss.:thumbdown:

Hey you can like things anyway you want, but this is the same reason people buy from Walmart. It may not be right, it may not be the best, it's just the way it is. As long as we have a political system in place that keeps blaming the former administration instead of doing what needs to be done to get the economy going for sure no one will reward companies for innovation, they'll keep buying cheap.

DETOURS
02-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Ummmm, you're way off the mark.

I'll need to move on, hopefully they'll have a great come back..........no matter who's crowned queen.........

Kinda lost me there, but thats fine.

JeepinOutfitters
02-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm sure RE will weather this and come out the other side just fine.

Mudderoy
02-08-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm sure RE will weather this and come out the other side just fine.

Yeah it's a reorg, reduce debt etc...

DETOURS
02-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Also reduces supplying vendors.......double edge sword.

TeXJ
02-11-2011, 09:47 AM
From what i've heard from a good source, about RE is that they lost their supplier for bushings. So they have stopped production/closed down for a month. So that they can find a new supplier and get things under control. So good luck if you ordered something from them and its not already in stock.

Mudderoy
02-11-2011, 10:19 AM
From what i've heard from a good source, about RE is that they lost their supplier for bushings. So they have stopped production/closed down for a month. So that they can find a new supplier and get things under control. So good luck if you ordered something from them and its not already in stock.

To Our Loyal Customers and Friends,

Rubicon Express is currently closed, pending reorganization. For the latest news and current information, please visit our blog at RubiconUSA.com or follow the “blog” link in the left column of this page.

RE

I hate to see any company having problems, especially for all the families that depend on the company's success.

4.3LXJ
02-11-2011, 11:03 AM
And they are almost local for me ... sigh

LizardRunner
02-11-2011, 11:44 AM
This is not a good sign for the country when companies start going out of business.
Patents are supposed to protect a person's ideas, but the process is long and tedious. Plus if you don't have something that makes it unique, then you most likely won't get your patent even after spending all the money for the research and lawyer fees etc.

When some one else can just rip off your design and call it theirs, that is unsruplious behavior to my thinking. Not illegal persay, but it shows you can't come up with something good on your own. Cheeper is not always as good or better than the original product that was copied. It can however, put the original out of business. We are the loosers in the end, when price becomes the focus.

TeXJ
02-11-2011, 02:22 PM
I have always like RE since they came out. I've had their 3.5" Superflex kit since 2003. The kit has performed flawless ever since. The gen 1 disconnects of course sucked, but they have rectified that by making different ones. They are a great Co. for our sport.

Hopefully, they can come back.

DETOURS
02-11-2011, 08:06 PM
In my eyes, they were only EXPENSIVE because they offered COMPLETE systems down to the brake lines.........if the system was tallied together between different vendors, it was actually cheaper to go RE........and yes I've purchased a complete RE system, the numbers worked out better.

I dought a bushing supplier brought them down, thats my 2 cents.....
Simple truth is economy and outsiders which dont carry the same burdens as a large company....ie: overhead/inventory/liability insurance/support/advertising/sponsorships/product developement/warranty.......need I go on?..............

4.3LXJ
02-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Can you just say too much Chinese stuff out there?

bigjim350
02-11-2011, 08:12 PM
In my eyes, they were only EXPENSIVE because they offered COMPLETE systems down to the brake lines.........if the system was tallied together between different vendors, it was actually cheaper to go RE........and yes I've purchased a complete RE system, the numbers worked out better.

Simple truth is economy and outsiders which dont carry the same burdens as a large company....ie: overhead/inventory/liability insurance/support/advertising/sponsorships/product developement/warranty.......need I go on?..............

Well I don't see how they were much more complete of a kit than my RC 6.5" kit. The only thing I didn't get was the brake lines. But it is a whole lot cheaper, and to me the quality and customer service seems the same.

DETOURS
02-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Dont know much about the RC 6.5, sorry..........and if RC was folding under restructer........what would your comments be Jim?.................

bigjim350
02-11-2011, 08:36 PM
I would probably be more shocked. Don't get me wrong I feel bad for the RE folks, but someone must have mis-managed something REAL bad, since most every thread I read about lift recommendations starts out with "RE is the best, buy RE". They are the most expensive so they must be the best.

DETOURS
02-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Advertising dollars would be my first guess, sponsorships my second.....
After comparing RC & RE online..........I'd need to go with RE, I'm not understanding RC's control arm set ups too well at 6.5"..........dont care much for their trac bar, and it's pretty well known their shocks are minimal....

Just my 2_cents....

bigjim350
02-11-2011, 08:58 PM
I think rather than make this a comparison thread. I will just say yes it is very very sad :(

DETOURS
02-11-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm good with that...........it is sad, thats why I brought it up..........another pioneering US company 'down'.....................'F'ed up....

4.3LXJ
02-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Another example of what high taxes and regulations can do in CA

TeXJ
02-11-2011, 11:41 PM

im there with ya that it doesnt add up, But that is what he was told from RE...so take that with a grain of salt i guess

It does suck that a lot of businesses are going down. Before you know it we'll all be dependent on the government...then they will have us :mad0090: