PDA

View Full Version : Job Openings

bigjim350
01-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Tony if you don't like this or feel it doesn't belong here, please feel free to remove or move it
I figured I would start a thread for people looking for jobs, or for people looking to have jobs filled. I know alot of xjtalk members have business that need help, and alot of members who are unemployed. Figure this would be a great place to start. And it doesn't have to be a job opening at a company you own, it can be a job opening at a company you work for. So the way I see it is the company you own or work at can throw an ad up, and the job seeker can PM you. Also a member can put up that he needs a job, and what he is capable of, and the company or company worker can PM the job seeker. I will go first and see how it works.

Real Name is James Friend.
High School Grad. Rest of Schooling came from the real world
I currently work for a roofing consultant company. My duties at the job are to make sure the roofing system is being installed to spec. The reason I want to leave this company is because I have worked less than 43 hrs in the last month. Although I have been with this company 5 years I cannot make ends meet while the company slows down.

My previous shop was working at Hot-Rod warehouse. I was a car builder, from powertrain to drivetrain, custom built frames, custom wiring, custom bodywork, custom interior, all the way down to custom suspension. I was also used there as a salesman and did counter sales for parts.

Before that I was a maintenance man at a place that made quartz crystal wafers. I would maintain all equipment and tools used to make the wafers

So I am very mechanically inclined, but can also read and understand blue prints. I live near Houston, TX but will move anywhere if the terms are right
And if you need a reference, just ask just about anybody here.

Punisher
01-02-2011, 11:07 PM

Anyways,
I've been a plumber for 17 years and now working at walmart..
I've been a manager for 3 years for the company before they closed the doors (out of business)
I can do just about all phases of plumbing even tech work. I have my own tools and I'm ready to get back into it even if I have to relocate. Construction is not booming in florida as they are not building..

cantab27
01-02-2011, 11:20 PM
good thread Jim ,, we have similar on local post ,, also works for say ya need a plumber local too Paul , ya call him ,,,cash jobs .. i think ya got a good idea here mate ....

(ps..... we have a whole city to rebuild if yall keen )

bigjim350
01-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Wayne, If I found a company over there that would take care of the flight and hotel, I would leave tomorrow

Punisher
01-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Wayne, I found a company over there that would take care of the flight and hotel, I would leave tomorrow

Well hold on there cowboy... you forgot one thing.... your jeep are they willing to fly it over?:smiley-laughing021:

bigjim350
01-02-2011, 11:37 PM
I have a nice warm dry place I can leave the jeep, till I get back.

cantab27
01-02-2011, 11:50 PM
shit ya can wheel mine jim

Punisher
01-02-2011, 11:51 PM
shit ya can wheel mine jim

thats nice of you but i have a problem driving on the right side...:smiley-laughing021:

cantab27
01-02-2011, 11:53 PM
well sit down , shut up and hold on ...........lol

Punisher
01-03-2011, 12:01 AM
well sit down , shut up and hold on ...........lol

shit... hand me the wheel and I'll show ya how we drive in the U.S:driving:

Mudderoy
01-03-2011, 12:55 AM
If you guys aren't on http://www.linkedin.com/ I'd register and get your information up. Basically it helps you network with people you've worked with before and if there is a job in the company they are working in they can often give you the inside track, which is how about 70%(?) of people find their jobs, through current employees of the company.

bigjim350
01-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Thanks for that Tony. Thats kind of what I'm trying to do here, but on a much smaller scale. On that site most people you find that you know, will still be around the same location. But dammit I'm a Jeep guy and I consider most people here my friends. And I would like to find a good job not necessarily around my area, state, or even country. I ain't getting any younger and I want to see whats out there.

mowerman
01-03-2011, 01:56 AM
Hi all, sounds like it's a good idea, and if it helps folks get work that is a good thing. I hope you end up getting work as I understand it's pretty tough over there. Maybe this year will bring better times.

Punisher
01-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Hi all, sounds like it's a good idea, and if it helps folks get work that is a good thing. I hope you end up getting work as I understand it's pretty tough over there. Maybe this year will bring better times.

I hope your right buddy... we all need to get back on our feet after all this mess...

Firemanray
01-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Great idea James. As you already know I own a small business. You are already on my "call" list.

Good help is hard to find in my area. Everyone wants a CEO paycheck for a dope head salary. My problem is we are seasonal, I can't afford to keep a full time crew through the slow season. We are growing so you never know what the future holds.

DETOURS
01-03-2011, 10:26 AM
It aint easy out there, I've longed for 2011 in hopes it gets us all rolling again.

I bought this property Sept. 2008 ready to expand with another 1,000 sq ft off the front.........that has yet to happen cuzz right about that time, the economy was past the rim and heading right for the water in the toilet.....
It's been a hell of ride, June 2008.....I could get a 200k loan with a phone call, those days are over. If I was to offer any sort of suggestion, it would be to maybe look for some sort of side gig if nothing turns up.
It's tough on everyone, employers have learned to do without, people are willing to work 3 times harder hoping to keep what they have......I know I've been, keep pullng up those boot straps......the big picture is looking better, but we have a long ways to go.

Meanwhile, good luck with your search, sounds like you should be able to find something out there from what you've written.

:cheerleader:

Firemanray
01-03-2011, 01:34 PM
It aint easy out there, I've longed for 2011 in hopes it gets us all rolling again.

I bought this property Sept. 2008 ready to expand with another 1,000 sq ft off the front.........that has yet to happen cuzz right about that time, the economy was past the rim and heading right for the water in the toilet.....
It's been a hell of ride, June 2008.....I could get a 200k loan with a phone call, those days are over. If I was to offer any sort of suggestion, it would be to maybe look for some sort of side gig if nothing turns up.
It's tough on everyone, employers have learned to do without, people are willing to work 3 times harder hoping to keep what they have......I know I've been, keep pullng up those boot straps......the big picture is looking better, but we have a long ways to go.

Meanwhile, good luck with your search, sounds like you should be able to find something out there from what you've written.

:cheerleader:

I'm right in the middle of an expansion now, it's something I've been working toward for 5 years. I either going to blow the socks off of this thing are fall flat. I may be crazy trying to grow during this "new economy" but if things turn around I'll be the "Alfa Dog", not hideing under the porch.:)

DETOURS
01-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Good luck with the expansion & the Alpha Dog status, for give me for not knowing, but whats your profession?

Firemanray
01-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Good luck with the expansion & the Alpha Dog status, for give me for not knowing, but whats your profession?

I havn't made it public here so you wouldn't have known. You can check it out here:
http://www.raymondsmithenterprisesllc.com/

DETOURS
01-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Oh kool.......Who'da thunk? :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing.

Tural
01-05-2011, 04:50 AM
we got work coming in hot and heavy. if there are any machinists that live close to Lynchburg, VA, give me a shout, and if anything comes open, i'll keep you guys in the loop.

gumby1220
03-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Alright I need a job. I worked at a bank for 3 years and was let go about 1 year 8 months ago due to the bank merging with another. When that happened I couldn't find another job and after a few months of looking I decided to go back to school in florida and finish up my degree. I did and now have a degree in audio engineering and entertainment business as of April of 2010. I did find some work in the audio world straight out of school but it was temporary/ contract work. I now find myself back to being having a hard time getting income in my degree field as well entertainment world being extremely scarce at the moment especially for those fairly new to the industry. Making it hard to make a living from it.

I am really looking to do anything, machinist... anything really. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, and also know my way around a tool box. If you guys know of anything in the Houston area, or even Chicago, IL/Charlotte, NC please let me know:please:. I can relocate to Chicago and Charlotte due to friends and family living there and willing to take me in if I will be working. Thanks guys.

steph74
03-07-2011, 09:55 PM
I wish good luck to all those who are looking for a job .
I think this thread is a great idea.

I have a job but it kind of sucks.... so Jim, if you get a chance to talk to your friend ;) I am open for an interview ;)

I also have a linkedin account, feel free to add me even if I have absolutely nothing to offer ;) http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephaneboghossian

BigJeepBigJeep
03-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Yea, times are tough. I recently closed my shop in Conroe and am currently seeking some sort of rebound. Time will tell.

steph74
04-05-2011, 03:21 PM
For you Houston area people that are looking, I just got this and it might be interesting....

https://lexicon-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=43&company_id=16252&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=992399&aid=1

and then if it works out, you are expected to make good friend with the scientist and then send them my CV so they can hire me and we can all go wheeling together at some point lol

4x4Dalton
04-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Work at my job is pickin up. If theres anyone close to the Roanoke/Blacksburg area lookin for work give me a hollar and I'll see what we can do. It's hard work but its honest work as well. Would be workin for a furniture maker,one of the very few left in the states.

OrangeXJ
04-05-2011, 04:53 PM
For you Houston area people that are looking, I just got this and it might be interesting....

https://lexicon-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=43&company_id=16252&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=992399&aid=1

and then if it works out, you are expected to make good friend with the scientist and then send them my CV so they can hire me and we can all go wheeling together at some point lol

Man your job must suck! You are in Gods wheelin country. Down here you have to travel for hours to find something to climb.

steph74
04-05-2011, 04:55 PM
My job doesn;t suck ;) but my contract end soon ;) and since I work on grant money.... I have no choice than to move around .

OrangeXJ
04-05-2011, 04:58 PM
What do you do maybe one of the major oil companys could use you

steph74
04-20-2011, 03:42 PM
since I am kind of following the company, I noticed they posted another job that might interest our friends from Houston area.

https://lexicon-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=44&company_id=16252&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=992398&aid=1

Mudderoy
04-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Apparently there are several job openings at HP in Houston. Check the HP website.

steph74
05-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Here a website I discovered not too long ago....
http://www.indeed.com/

give it a try it is pretty good search base to look for jobs