PDA

View Full Version : vibration ..

cantab27
01-02-2011, 08:46 PM
hey all ,,, notice the Heep has developed a slight vibration at a certain speed ,80kph..... 95 3' lift, 33s ,stock gears ,no sye...never had it with the 31s .... i run the kl71, quite a aggressive tire .....have just got under the pos and have a heap of movement in front drive shaft ...am trying to post a vid ...
how much is to much movement ... other things to check .....cheers:thumbsup:

4.3LXJ
01-02-2011, 09:01 PM
hey all ,,, notice the Heep has developed a slight vibration at a certain speed ,80kph..... 95 3' lift, 33s ,stock gears ,no sye...never had it with the 31s .... i run the kl71, quite a aggressive tire .....have just got under the pos and have a heap of movement in front drive shaft ...am trying to post a vid ...
how much is to much movement ... other things to check .....cheers:thumbsup:

Just about any movement at all will cause balancing issues, hence vibration.

cantab27
01-02-2011, 09:06 PM
mmmmm,,that will most likely be it then ,,,,, its not a bad vibe ..just i know it never used to be there ...a lot of movement where the grease nipple is , almost up and down ...might pump grease in it see if it improves at all ... will know if im on the right track...

4.3LXJ
01-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Which end of the shaft?

cantab27
01-02-2011, 09:11 PM
front , hang on will take pic.........pic thing not working at mo ,,,,its were smaller shaft comes into the bigger shaft

prcjeep
01-02-2011, 09:55 PM
well Here's what was happening to mine. I had a pretty bad vibe at 50mph and higher, the faster I went the worse it got, to the point that I had to turn the radio all the way up to here it at 70+mph. finally looked under mine with Rene and Matt today and the cv joint in the front shaft is gone. the whole shaft moved up and down and in and out when i pushed on it near where the two driveshaft pieces met. I removed the front drive shaft and I have no vibes at all. Hope this info might help a little.
Found out this was the same thing with Rene's vibe as well

cantab27
01-02-2011, 09:58 PM
well Here's what was happening to mine. I had a pretty bad vibe at 50mph and higher, the faster I went the worse it got, to the point that I had to turn the radio all the way up to here it at 70+mph. finally looked under mine with Rene and Matt today and the cv joint in the front shaft is gone. the whole shaft moved up and down and in and out when i pushed on it near where the two driveshaft pieces met. I removed the front drive shaft and I have no vibes at all. Hope this info might help a little.
Found out this was the same thing with Rene's vibe as well

yep sounds like what i have ,,,cheers guys ....

rguignard
01-03-2011, 06:21 AM
yep sounds like what i have ,,,cheers guys ....

its easy too find out just pull the frt drive shaft and go for a drive :thumbsup: if its fixed then thats the prob. im going to p-n-p this weekend to go find a new well new to me ftr drive shaft

modestmar00xj
01-03-2011, 12:47 PM
nice good info guys thanks!

cantab27
01-16-2011, 11:11 PM
new front driveshaft in it friday night before it went swimming ,,, all good now ,,,thanks guys

bluedragon436
01-17-2011, 06:39 AM
Glad to hear that you were able to take care of the vibration issue before it went for it's swim... I hope it comes back from that as well...