PDA

View Full Version : Spring

bluedragon436
12-15-2010, 10:37 PM
OK.. First off I know this isn't safe... but it was funny to see...
This what the guy said:
ok so my goal is to have a 8'' lift but i cant go and drop 1200 bucks like that soooo ... i have taken 2 stock springs and clamped them together so now they are twice the length . next ill cut one of them down enough for a 8" lift my question is would that even pass inspection and is it safe . by no means do i think they would come apart i used those spring boosters in reverse and each spring has 3 of them it is a rock solid setup i just wanted your opinion here is a pic .. it is on the ground

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/beefkake25/100_0510.jpg

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/really-cheap-lift-springs-69096/#post772509

DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR RIG

cantab27
12-15-2010, 10:52 PM
redneck ..............lol

JENSSEN
12-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Wow gotta be honest that scares the crap out of me but I am strangely intrigued on the outcome

bluedragon436
12-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Yeah... I am scared for anyone that happens to be around him when that thing lets go... I mean it would be pretty interesting to see the first time seeing him sitting it down on the springs with all of its weight.. I honestly don't think I would even run this as a trail/mudhole only vehicle with that setup.... but that is just me..

XJ4IV
12-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Blue.... Ummmmm Im pretty sure this isnt YOUR idea soooo you MAY wanna clear that up.. I had to re-read it to make sure what I saw was realthen I read it aloud and realized you said it has FUNNY TO HEAR! which led me to think that it isnt really something YOUR trying...
IF YOU ARE!!! DO NOT DO IT... I have seen MANY bad things happen when a loaded spring pops free and this is one of those things that just begs to happen and what MORE... TWO springs shooting out at you!!!

bluedragon436
12-16-2010, 04:38 AM
OH... Hell no!!! I wouldn't ever think of doing anything like this... even just to set it down and see what it looks like with that much lift... much less as a perm. answer to a lift... I saw a guy online that posted that, and was seriously wanting to do it... as you can see at the link I posted up there... I just thought it was hilarious that anyone would think of doing it....

XJ Rat
12-16-2010, 05:47 AM
This is in the joke section.

Do not even consider putting two springs together. That is an accident just begging to happen. Not if, only when.

bigjim350
02-04-2011, 01:29 AM
An oldy but a goody lol